-->

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

My 2020 Books!

My 2020 Books



 Hi Friends!  I have to tell you that 2020 put a monkey wrench into several of my goals HOWEVER, I didn't let reading go down the tubes with the others...I hit my reading goal of 2 books per month and actually surpassed the goal by 5 books this year- woohoo!

Please keep your recommendations coming...I truly appreciate them all!


Anyway, here is a recap of what I read and you will find my top 5 picks of the year in GREEN!

 

 Let me know if you read any of these and what you think....my books got better as the year went on...it was hard to pick just 5!

 

January    It Ends With Us- Colleen Hoover

                  The One That Got Away- Bethany Chase

 

February Wild Open Hearts- Kathyrn Nolan

             Ugly Love- Colleen Hoover

 

March You’re Not Alone- Greer Hendriks & Sarah Pekkanen

   Little Fires Everywhere- Celeste Ng

 

April   Verity- Colleen Hoover

                    Summer of 69- Elin Hilderbrand

                    Summer of 79 (Short Story)- Elin Hilderbrand

             The Spellman Files- Lisa Lutz

 

May        Reshaping It All- Candace Cameron Bure

              Big Summer- Jennifer Weiner

 

June       Regretting You- Colleen Hoover

             28 Summers- Elin Hilderbrand

 

July       Eliza Started A Rumor- Jane Rosen

            The Lies That Bind- Emily Giffin

                 Two Truths And A Lie- Meg Mitchell Moore

 

August      The End Of Her- Shari Lapena

                   What You Wish For- Katherine Center

         Luster- Raven Leilani

 

        September  Confess- Colleen Hoover

              Party Of Two- Jasmine Guillory

             Someone We Know- Shari Lapena

 

October    Murder At The PTA- Lee Hollis

                  Troubles in Paradise- Elin Hilderbrand

 

November  I Love My Little A-Holes- Karen Alpert

                 Calling Mrs. Christmas- Carole Matthews

 

December  The Restaurant- Pamela Kelley

             Christmas At The Restaurant- Pamela Kelley

 

 Runner Ups for Fave Reads of the Year include: The Restaurant Series, Regretting You, What You Wish For and You're Not Alone


I am naming 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand my favorite of the year but her other novels were major disappointments for me this year.  She still remains my favorite author but I was so sad and disappointed with her other books this year


See my reads for 2017 HERE

See my fave reads for 2018 HERE

See my reads for 2019 HERE  



Linking up one last time this year with Steph and Jana HERE

13 comments:

Ella Williams said...

Congrats on hitting your goal!! I had such a hard time deciding my favorite books from 2020 too!!

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

Great job on your reading goal!! I just recently (last month) started tracking all of the books I have read on Goodreads, so I’m not sure how books I have read this year! I am very excited for January, and to see how many books I’ll be able to squeeze in! Have a wonderful day, Holly!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

There are some books here that I definitely want to read, like Verity.

-lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Tina TBR Etc said...

Great picks! 28 Summers and Eliza Starts a Rumor were such nice surprises.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

28 Summers made my list this year, even though I am not a read every Elin type of fan!

Joanne said...

Great job on surpassing your reading goal! I'm thinking of setting one next year; I never have in the past since I do read a lot and often think maybe I should read a little less. LOL. You have a few on here that I haven't read yet but did just add to my list.

Jana @ Jana Says said...

Little Fires Everywhere was excellent!

Becki said...

Interesting list - I don't think I've read any of those! Way to go on reaching and exceeding your goal. Thanks for sharing and happy new year :)

Jodi Walters said...

Oh Holly I love to read too. I loved Little Fires Everywhere. The author is from Cleveland, Ohio (an hour from where I used to live) and therefore very familiar with the area which was cool. The Lies that Bind and Someone We Know were pretty good too!!! Love Elin Hildebrand, thanks for the heads-up. I just started After You by Jojo Moyes.

Holly said...

@Jodi, let me know what you think of After You- I may add it to my list this year! :)

Tanya said...

I also loved 28 Summers! Thanks for the reviews!

Shelly @ The Queen in Between said...

28 Summers also made my top 5 fiction list! Looks like we have similar taste in books so I'm definitely adding a few I didn't previously have on my list.

Natasha said...

I need to read 28 Summers. I don't normally love Elin Hilderbrand books but I've heard so many good things about this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...