-->

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What's Up Wednesday: December 2020




 

 


 

Hi Friends!  I cannot believe we are at the end of December AND the end of 2020- PRAISE GOD!  Who is with me? 

 

Not sure how many of you are participating in the linkup this month but it is my favorite so I decided to go with it!  One...last...time....in 2020....

 

What We're Eating This Week

 (Keeping it Simple so Mama doesn't completely lose it)

Monday- Chick-Fil-A Takeout for Jammie Christmas



 

Tuesday-  Pre-Made Pasta and Salad from Market Basket

Wednesday- Takeout 

Thursday- Christmas Eve- Our Very Own, Little "Feast of the Seven Fishes" BUT it will be more like 4 for our little group this year!

 

Friday- Christmas Day- Beef Roast Dinner at Mimi and Papa's   



What I'm Reminiscing About

 


Christmases of Past....My Grandparents....always do this time of year....always feel melancholy...

 

What I'm Loving

 



I am loving all of the Christmas Lights and decorations...so so cozy and bringing some extra joy this year AND my girls are LOVING hot chocolate...they want it every night for dessert...of course, I have to dial it up and add whip cream or marshmallows and sprinkles...love getting great reactions!  Another fave is the Grinch's Hot Chocolate.  You can find the recipe HERE

 




 

 What We've Been Up To


We celebrated Thanksgiving with our Fam





 Mama and Auntie Cass enjoyed a very different Black Friday- most of the time spent outside at the Merrimack Outlets


We enjoyed Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa





 We wrapped....and decorated....and wrapped some more...



Diana submitted a video for the National PTA Reflections Competition again...



Eva returned to hockey and scored three goals in her very first official game!

 


 

Our Elf, Relf, returned...but was in quarantine for his first 14 days with us ;)




 Mama held her very first Favorite Things Get Together



We enjoyed a very different Nutcracker Weekend...



 

There have been several more date walks!

 


and holiday time spent with our COVID bubble....

 


 





 We visited our loved ones at the cemetery



had some extra QT with my fave...




 and we celebrated our 6th Annual Jammie Christmas




 

 What I'm Dreading...


Absolutely nothing....2020 kicked our butts and was full of so so much dread and many disappointments so I am really excited to kick it up in 2021 and take our lives back....hit personal and professional goals...get my girls back in school and start really living again!




 

 What I'm Working On


Putting together my goals for 2021 and working on rating my books from 2020 for you!




What I'm Excited About

 

Getting the vaccine!  Getting my girls back in school...seeing my girls on stage again....being able to travel....visiting clients and candidates in person again...thinking positively and excited that we may be able to enjoy our favorite things once again in 2021!


 

 What I'm Watching/Reading



Lots of Hallmark Sappiness...


Not a fan of several of the newer Hallmark movies this year....BOO...but this one was really cute...

Good Morning Christmas!


We started watching a new series called Big Sky


Creepy and really good for prime time!




Usually I watch TV to escape reality and relax but Grey's always gets me....so realistic right now...so painful...but can't...stop...watching...



 

 

My Books for December were the first two books in the Nantucket Restaurant Series

by Pamela Kelley AND I am a HUGE FAN!  (Thank you Sarah) :)


The Restaurant




Christmas At The Restaurant




*I was drawn to the first book in this series because one of the sisters works in my industry- the search industry.  If you know other novels with Headhunters or Recruiters in them, please let me know!  They always inspire me- thank you friends!

 

What I'm Listening To

 

A Whole Lot of Holiday Traditions on Sirius XM Satellite Radio

 


 

What I'm Wearing


Lots of holiday black with some sparkle...and some holiday maroon thrown in too....

 






 

 

What I'm Doing This Weekend


Hanging out...chilling with the fam and maybe a new addition ;)



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


Starting the new year off fresh....love a blank slate....start rocking my 2021 goals...those personal AND professional goals...no better time to get going than in the dead of winter!

 

 What Else Is New?

 

I think that covers it....PEACE OUT 2020!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I’m SO ready for this year to be over!! Thanks for sharing!!

Maria Rineer said...

You have packed in a lot of fun lately and have looked great in the process! Have the merriest Christmas!

Sunshine and Books said...

A new addition??? Are you getting a pet?? That sounds so fun! I love how you kept seeking the joy this holiday season! Merry Christmas Holly! Have a wonderful time with your family!

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

That is so cool that one of your daughters does ballet, and the other does hockey!! How cool! I love all of your maroon colors, and the sparkly black! I randomly turn on the Hallmark Channel, and I just can’t watch it! The movies are so awfully made and acted out! 😂 A new addition!!???? Ahhh, I can’t wait to hear all about it! Wishing you and your sweet sweet family a Merry Christmas! Thank you for sharing, Holly!

Bri Runde said...

Love reading what you have been up to, cooking, wearing, watching, and reading, Holly! I can't believe we are in the last few days of 2020! I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

Joanne said...

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, Holly!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

Looks like a fun month! I love the favorite things get together! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Jodi Walters said...

I've been following your blog for awhile and love it. You are so inspiring to me and I can relate on some many levels. We just moved to Chattanooga from Ohio in October and trying to make new memories for us and my 11 year old son Joey and two adult step daughters. My husband and I lost all of our parents between a 3 year span and it's so hard. My parents (Mimi and Papa) always did the feast of 7 fishes too. My absolute favorite meal of the year!!! Being in TN I'm having a hard time finding all my Italian goodies and being gluten free (Celiac Disease) makes it even harder. I made my sauce and meatballs yesterday. My Aunt Fran used to make the tuna in the sauce rather then the calamari. I'm going to do that, cod fish, shrimp scampi and maybe some popcorn shrimp if I can even find them here......;) Im sure going to miss the real Calamade......(the REAL way to say it). and especially the smelts! I can't even find my pizelle iron yet ��

Love all your holiday outfits.....so cute and just my style. Black is my favorite too and always add a little sparkle! You look great in maroon.

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas.........Buona Natale!!!

Holly said...

@Jodi, thank you so much for your kind words. They really mean so much to me...sometimes I wonder, as I am pouring out my soul and living out loud, if I do that too much...when I get a note like this, makes me feel good and encourages me to keep going :)

Natasha said...

I like what you are excited about! I'm excited about a lot of those things too. Doesn't 2021 feel like there's so much hope?!?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...