-->

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Monthly Musings: All About Holidays Edition (December 2020)



Hi Friends!  Hope you will join Patty and me for Monthly Musings as we are talking all things HOLIDAY


Link up at the bottom of this post!  Here we go!



1. We Celebrate Christmas!

 

Some of my favorite traditions include:


Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve



Jammie Christmas



Holiday Get Togethers

 




Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa

 


Festival of Trees with My Mom

 


 Visiting the Cemeteries

 

and Donating Food to the Sonshine Soup Kitchen



2. We Don't Celebrate Hanukkah



3. Our Holiday Plans This Year


Christmas Eve at my Aunt's is Cancelled so we are staying home with our parents and doing our own Feast of the Seven Fishes...I am making Lobster Risotto!



The Big Kids will come home that night and be with us Christmas Morning


We will head to my parents for Christmas Dinner in the afternoon


4. Favorite Holiday Recipe

Calamari with Potatoes and Peas

This is the dish I bring to my Aunt's every year.  You can find the recipe HERE



5. What I'm Looking Most Forward to in 2021?


To watch my girls on stage again...live theater....productions....I have a piece of my heart missing this year :/



6. Gift Wrapping?  Love it or Hate it?


HATE IT- ha!!

 

7. Our Holiday Meal?

Christmas Eve will be the 7 Fishes at our house and Christmas Day will be a Tenderloin Roast Dinner at my parent's house


8. Open on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?

Growing up, we were always allowed to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas Morning.  We are mostly a Christmas Morning family now!

 

9. What are we doing on New Year's Eve?

Don't know yet!

 

10. One Word for 2021?

 

HOPE

 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Holly! I had such a fun time reading your post today! Seeing everyone’s traditions is so fun! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! Thank you for sharing!! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!! Have a great day!!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

I love all of your traditions! While I didn't pick a word for 2021, I am pretty sure mine would be hope too. I just hope (and pray) 2021 is better.

Good Better Best Food said...

I crack up at the fact that you and I both don't like to wrap gifts. Thank you for the Best year co-hosting Monthly Musings!

xoxox
Patty

Maria Rineer said...

I grew up opening one present on Christmas Eve, too! We don´t do this tradition with our kids, now. You have so many great traditions!

Melissa said...

Love this, and hope is the BEST word for 2021! I hate wrapping presents, but I LOVE gifting presents because that joy and excitement on others' faces is the best feeling :)

Sunshine and Books said...

I love your traditions! The Feast of 7 Fishes sounds delicious, but a lot of work! I love your word for 2021!! Thanks for hosting!

Joanne said...

I have never heard of the feast of 7 fishes; sounds tasty though! I love how many holiday traditions you and your family have.

Bri Runde said...

What's the "Feast of Seven Fishes?" I'm so curious! LOVE your word for 2021.

Holly said...

I will have to write a separate post on our "Feast of Seven Fishes" at some point. This is a very old Italian Catholic Tradition that occurs on Christmas Eve. When you read about the history, there are different takes on the #7- 7 Seven Days of the Week- 7 Sacraments- even the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Italian Catholics has celebrate this for centuries- Sometimes there are even more than 7 fishes but hey- we are Italian and there is "never enough!" :)

LifenotesEncouragement said...

Christmas - Christmas morning breakfast at church, fellowship, open gifts on Christmas day.
Meals were always turkey, ham, rice and peas, mac and cheese, veggies, sorrel - a beverage and black cake for dessert.
During the week lots of visiting with friends and family and then going to Watch Night Service to ring in the New Year.

I always remain hopeful but I don't have a word for the new year.

Thanks for hosting.
Blessings.

My Glittery Heart said...

I have to say that I have not missed moving that dang Elf. Ha.

Natasha said...

I didn't participate this month because I felt like I had answered the questions in other surveys I did. However, I really hope you are continuing with this for 2021 because I loved it! Thank you for always hosting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...