-->

Monday, December 7, 2020

Hello Festive Weekend and Hello Monday!

 


Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  This past weekend was full of creative times...festive fun and a whole lotta stress mixed in!  You will see why...

 

First of all, our school district announced that both of our girls will be going remote this coming week...even though the COVID #s are low, staff have been calling out more and more and now we don't have enough coverage....it is a travesty.  Regardless, we will make it work and pray it is only a week....but I am not so sure...scary and stressful times.  I am more hopeful for Little Eva this time around though as her teacher is amazing and has scheduled Zoom classes throughout the day.  This is such a shift from last Spring when she was on her own most days with Rob and I as the teachers- EEK!  Stay tuned- will keep you all posted...I am sure I am not alone in this for sure! Now...to the weekend...

 

Friday Night

 

We asked our family friend to come over and video Diana's dance for the 2020 National PTA Reflections Contest....we have typically recorded her and her friend Lucy the past few years but this year, we wanted her to have a more professional look...Lucy has been in quarantine all year so Diana flew solo this year and we loved the way the video came out.  The theme this year is "I Matter Because..." and she chose "Love"...she wrote that "even though I beat myself up and even though this year has been so so tough, one thing remains true, I Love." 

 

Danced to "Me"- Written, Produced and Performed by Paula Cole

Filming by Amber Rose Photo and Video

 




After that, Daddy took Pidge to hockey practice and I made dinner for the fam and then got wrapping! 

 


 


I still will have a few gifts here and there to wrap but the bulk of it all is done and I am so relieved...it is the earliest I have been done and I simply LOVE that it is not hanging over my head....when Rob got back from hockey, I even got him to help me wrap a few ;) 
I was SO tired when I climbed into bed Friday night but so so relieved...




Saturday


It was raining so our Date Walk was out- boo!  I took Diana to her Saturday morning ballet and then came back to putter around the house...Pidge showed me her own version of Saturday Morning Ballet and made me send this to Mrs. Mullen- she kills me! Ha!



When it was time to pick up Diana from ballet, it was also time for her to get changed and head over to Drive for her small group training- she absolutely LOVES it- the kid kills me- who loves hard exercise?  Ha!!  While the kids were at the gym, the moms met up down the street at Tuscan Market to catch up...love my tribe.


We were than supposed to head up north for the big Nutcracker Movie Premier but Mother Nature had other plans and blessed us with a big snow storm so the movie was cancelled- boo!  They did show it last night but we are going both nights next weekend instead so we still have that to look forward to!


We headed to a late lunch/early dinner with Papa and had some laughs...there also may have also been dessert as big as our heads too!



When we got home, we did the prayers for the first two weekends of advent



and then we cozied up to watch Christmas Movies...




We lost power around 6:45pm....we have a generator so I always feel safe and thankful BUT this time, the winds and wet snow were so bad, that trees took lines down all over and we lost internet and cable....I know...first world problems BUT I was really stressing because we were approaching a week with not only two full time working parents BUT two remote students...I started planning in my head that I would show up at Panera at 6am on Monday and snag two tables for us because their Wifi connection is the best around...not ideal...extra stress to get out of the house but we would have no other option ...anyway...I hoped and prayed that it all would come back before Monday morning


Sunday


Rob took Eva to her very first hockey game "of her career"- hysterical. Side Note: She had to have a COVID test before she could safely return AND she was such a trooper and so brave!  Anyway, while he was there he was texting me...she ended up scoring three goals....I guess she really wanted dessert- ha!  I was in mass while he was texting me..I thought it was an emergency!  Someone was VERY proud :)


 

Our power/internet/cable was still not back after that and to make matters worse, the battery blew on our generator SO we started to get cold.  Everyone bundled up and I scooted out for a little bit to help my PTA posse decorate our tree on the common- we chose a school theme of course...it came out so cute!  Rob and his Dad went and got a new battery so by the time I came back, the house was warming up again- yeah!



 


Later on, the girls wanted to play in the snow and had an absolute blast!  They seriously would not come in for close to two hours!



and last night, we had plans to go to the Annual Zoo Lights with Mimi and Papa....right before we left to go to my parents, our power, internet and cable returned...Praise God!  I was soooo thankful!!

 

Though Santa was staying at the North Pole this year, due to COVID, the lights were even better this year...we always say they add more each year and get better and better....we started with dinner at Mimi and Papa's and the girls were so excited about the Chocolate Mint Trifle my mom made them for dessert...





and then the lights....such a hokey fun time...my Mom and I agreed that this night and the Milford Pumpkin Festival are two of the hokiest and little traditions that we love to share..they are really no big deal but they bring us so much joy each year...we really missed the Pumpkin Festival this year so we were even more grateful that we could make the Lights happen....warms my heart!
















That's a wrap!  Despite all of the stress, I am grateful for a safe and festive weekend with my peeps...what were you up to?



Linking up with Heather, Tanya and the Crew HERE



6 comments:

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

I'm glad that the power turned back on. I totally remember doing Reflections when I was in elementary school. Your daughter did great. :)

Bri Runde said...

That's a beautiful picture of Diana in her ballet outfit. I finished my wrapping over the weekend too! I still have a few things to order, but yay for almost being done! Good job, mama!

Natasha said...

I wish you all the best with virtual learning this week. That's sad that there's not enough coverage so that's why school is going virtual. I'm going to make my husband do all the wrapping -- if it was up to me, everything would just be covered in a blanket! :)

And what a weekend! Yikes. I'm glad you got power and heat and internet back.

Tanya said...

Hang in there for these last few weeks of school. Hopefully they can go back in person in January.

Joanne said...

Those zoo lights look spectacular. So glad you got power back in time! We have run my son's school off our wifi hot spot a time or two when we've lost power. We were so lucky that the bulk of the storm passed us by and we didn't lose power at all.

Sunshine and Books said...

That is a great weekend!! I love the light display and that you kept your tradition going with your parents!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...