-->

Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas 2020


 

All ready with some festive nails.....


 

Lea just killed me with her gifts...we exchanged during our annual family get together but then she surprised me with a few additional things that had me howling.... 



Just had to share... a paper weight for my desk...she kills me!



and how could I not like my new tote?

 

 

I decided to surprise Rob and make the Angel Balls that his Mom used to make ....he has talked about them recently and has really missed them and his Mom so so much lately....he was very pleased with this treat...



Each year, our family participates in a service project and for the last couple of years, we have decided to donate to the Sonshine Soup Kitchen in Derry.  They have been feeding the hungry since 1989.  Even during the pandemic, they have come up with a safe way of providing meals and have created a safe drive through system for those in need.  The girls and I checked out their website and wrote down the items they were in need of, then we went shopping for those items and brought them to the kitchen right before Christmas...I had the woman working tell them about their programs and how they have adapted in these times to keep doing good..I think it is so important to start teaching them now....they felt really good after...warmed my heart



We bought a gingerbread house kit for a friend's school fundraiser and the girls had a blast putting it together




 Christmas Eve was so different this year- I look forward to this day and night so so much- always feel the magic and look forward to going to My Aunt's for the Feast of the Seven Fishes....I knew this year would be different and I was ok with that...but we ended up having so so much fun and know we have started a new, fun and beautiful tradition!

 

That morning, I started on the Lobster Risotto and recruited some help :)




Later on, we headed to mass....so different....so empty but we were happy we made reservations...felt it was such a luxury after we could not attend Easter Services....the church looked so beautiful...




Once we were back at home, we started with a surprise I put together...a caviar platter with very good vodka....everyone got silly and wanted me to take some pics...I love taking pics...don't have to ask me twice...ha!







We got to meet my brother's girlfriend for the first time and all love her....she fit in perfectly and we had so much fun together!



Another surprise app I put together for Rob since he was reminiscing about it recently was a very retro relish tray....friends?  Look into the history of a relish tray...it is fascinating...here's hoping they make a comeback!



and then so much for dialing back...we knew we wouldn't have our traditional 7 fishes...we thought we would have about four but when we counted them all...we still ended up with 6!






Two kinds of caviar so that counts for 2

Crabbies

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

Lobster Risotto

Salmon Pie

We also had my mom's homemade Aioli Oili  

Steamed Broccoli

and Christmas Salad- Arugula, Parmesan and Pomegranate Seeds



The magic and excitement of Christmas Eve...





and later on, when it was dessert time, the big kids joined us and we ended Christmas Eve with lots of laughs and fighting over beds...wouldn't have it any other way!




I may have even caught Santa in the act ;)




On Christmas Morning, we discovered that Santa enjoyed some of the Gingerbread Boy that the girls left him...and the reindeer enjoyed some bites out of the carrots...



and then it was time to tear into presents!!



and have some breakfast and maybe a family selfie...





I made these two things this year


Grands Biscuit Breakfast Casserole


 

and Overnight Cinnamon Apple French Toast


and then Rob and Zach took off for a secret mission while the girls opened Papa Bob's gifts and we all watched their Nutcracker one more time this year....


Then it was time for the big surprise of 2020....check it out.....




Introducing our new French Bulldog....Remi!!!




This little nugget is so cute...it is like having a baby...getting up with him overnight and such but you can't get mad...he is just so darn cute!!


Later on, we headed to Mimi and Papa's for an amazing Christmas Dinner and incredible desserts as well as belly laughs as we played our brand new Family Feud game (Rob makes a great Steve Harvey- ha!)








With all of the sickness and sadness and stress of 2020, we were even more appreciative of the quality time we got to spend together and the new memories we created...I am grateful for having the best family and friends surrounding me...Merry Merry Christmas!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Linking up for Hello Monday HERE 




6 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh my goodness; what an adorable puppy!!

Mica said...

Looks like such a fun Christmas - it's great you were all able to spend time together and even go to church in person.

Hope that you are enjoying this relaxing time between Christmas and new year :)

Away From Blue

Andrea Nine said...

Oh friend, what a great Christmas. I wanted a pup sooo bad but hubs isn’t ready. What a cute one you got! The gingerbread house looked so cute!

Lovely said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! Love the food and décor!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Maria Rineer said...

So much good! The food, the fun with family and gifts from friends (that Dance Mom bag!!) and the puppy. It looked liked you guys had such a great Christmas. Well done!

Natasha said...

Your Christmas looks great! A lot of good food and good laughter! I can't wait to go back to in person church. Hopefully sometime in 2021... please.

Your dog is cute! What a fun Christmas surprise.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...