-->

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

My Favorite Things...COVID Style

 



Hi Friends! If you have been reading for awhile, then you know each Christmas season, I host my friends for a recipe exchange party.  It was always so much fun.

See those parties here:

2015

 2016

2017 

 2018

2019 

 

This year, even before COVID hit, I knew I wanted to change things up.  I wanted to take the focus away from food and cooking for my guests and host something more fun and relaxing!  

 

Enter, "My Favorite Things" Concept....

 

Due to the COVID pandemic, I kept things small and we ended up with 8 of us which I was thrilled about.  My close friends who came have been in my COVID bubble for the last 10 months so my anxiety level dropped and we were able to really enjoy ourselves!

 

Each guest brings three gifts, individually wrapped.  Each gift needs to be no more than $25.00.  I suggested things like lip gloss or protein bars....coffee...you get the picture.  Each guest's name goes into a bag three times so they are sure to leave with three gifts of their own- so fun!

 

I served appetizers and desserts as well as a signature cocktail "Poinsettia Punch", wine, seltzers and waters.

 

Oh and I have mentioned my friend Beth Ann is one of the best bakers around? 














My Bubble...



My Lea...

 



 When it was time for the gift portion, we had so much fun.  Each friend took turns explaining why they chose the items they did and if they followed any given theme.








My friends are soooo creative...there was an amazing assortment of gifts...from skincare products to blankets....and from perfume to tequila and wine chips and wine to go with them!  We had many laughs...especially when I forgot to write Laurel's name down.....ugh...anyway....I am so glad we went with this theme this year!  I will repeat this one next year for sure!


This year, instead of giving a prize for best recipe, we gave a prize for best mask...Rob was our judge and he chose Cass's mask...it was so cute with Santas and wine glasses on it :)



When it was time to wrap up, Lulu did not want BA to go so she tried to hold her hostage ;)


and Diana and Aubrey supervised ;)


 
and I put together these little favors for my guests- they included festive Lindt chocolates and sparkly lip glosses :)
 


 
 
So...a little glimpse into "My Favorite Things"


11 comments:

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

The charcuterie tray looks so yummy!! I am such a sucker for cheese and crackers!! The desserts all look so good!! I’m starving after reading this post! 😂 It looks like you had the best time! Have a wonderful day!!
Abby
https://thatslifefor-ya.blogspot.com

Maria Rineer said...

Everything looks so yummy, per usual, at your house :). You throw the best parties/ get togethers. It is great that you were able to continue the tradition of your favorite things party even if not everything was the same as in years' past.

Joanne said...

That sounds like such a fun night!! Awesome food, great gifts, wonderful friends-- what more can you ask for?!

My Glittery Heart said...

So much FUN!!

Tanya said...

I want to come to your next Favorite things party! Looks like so much fun!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

This looks like so much fun! I love this idea so much. :)

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Your party looked like a blast! Glad you got to keep on with your tradition!

Sunshine and Books said...

Favorite things parties are the best!!! Your's looks especially fun! Are you going to share your poinsettia cocktail recipe? It sounds so festive and fun!

Rechelle said...

SO FUN!! The food looked incredible & the friendships heartwarming, what a perfect little party!

Bri Runde said...

You are SO fun!!!!! Love this whole thing!!

Natasha said...

I'm belatedly catching up on some blog reading! I want to do a Favourite Things party sometime -- they sound so fun! And the food at yours look delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...