-->

Friday, December 18, 2020

Friday Favorites

 


Hi Friends and Happy.....


I took the day off today so I can catch up basically...finish the last minute wrapping....take a breath... oh and enjoy our annual Christmas Fab Four Lunch.  We actually have a full weekend planned so I am very excited that we can even partake in these traditions this year!  We need some joy AND rest....working full time with two kids remote learning is challenging to the say least BUT we keep reminding ourselves of the blessings and health that we sometimes take for granted!


Anyway, I digress, linking up with the lovely ladies HERE 

and sharing some faves from our week!

 


Elf Antics

 

Relf, Our Elf, returned from the North Pole on December 1st BUT he had to quarantine for 14 days so this is how Eva found him ;)



Since his quarantine ended, Relf has been having some fun...writing notes back to Eva...toasting marshmallows over a candle oh and getting entwined in our Advent Wreath and even the Wine Fridge- ha!










and then Eva wrote why she would be a good Elf- she kills me!





YAGP


Diana was chosen to participate in a prestigious dance competition called Youth American Grand Prix.  Mrs. Mullen and Sterling Baca chose 4 students from LDA to participate in this and she has been working hard on her routine.  Each step in the process is an education for the Mamas too....we have to submit her song over the next week and we needed to slow it down...one of the reasons I love Facebook is when you put out a call for help...you hear from people in your life that surprise you with their kindness.  The husband of a friend of mine from high school is a sound engineer and he doctored up Diana's song for us..my friend Lori even sent me this pic of him hard at work- I was so touched!



and this is the costume we are waiting for!  Mrs. Mullen and I agreed, we LOVE the turquoise!





My Lea


My BFF Lea has had a tough year.  Her hubby had to go through open heart surgery...she had a close friend really let her down and her mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer....anyway...we are celebrating this weekend and forever as her mom is in remission!  She just found out....she reacted so well to the treatments and surgery and came through this fighting!  We are so  happy...prayers work!


Beth Ann sent us this pic this week...it was from Christmastime a few years ago and truly captures us and our silliness :)



Short and sweet this week my friends...getting ready for so much holiday happiness....watching the girls' Nutcracker with our parents tonight....going to Laurel and Tom's tomorrow night...visiting the cemeteries on Sunday and then having our annual Batson Breton Christmas at Lea's...grateful...what are you up to?

11 comments:

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

I love that Reef your elf is being so safe!! The notes written to him are too cute! Have a wonderful day, Holly!!

Andrea Nine said...

Happy Friday beautiful! Love the buffalo plaid! Have a great day off and get er done!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

How exciting about the dance competition. That costume is so pretty! And yay for your friend's mom, so glad to hear her mom is in remission. :)

Maria Rineer said...

That COSTUME!! Congrats to your daughter- I wish her the best of luck at the competition (hopefully you will tell us all about it when it happens :)). Your weekend sounds fun and festive. Enjoy!

Rebecca Jo said...

I applaud all you moms that keep up with the elves - so fun but I know its gotta be a lot of work. The magic of Christmas is worth it, I'm sure

Rechelle said...

Evas note to Relf is the sweetest!!!! Beautiful costume for Diana, big congrats & good luck to her!

Joanne said...

Such cute elf antics! I LOVE that costume; wishing her all the best with her dance.

Bri Runde said...

I love seeing the antics that Relf got up to! You are SO much better with your elf than we are, ha! And what a sweet friend you are! Enjoy your time with her this weekend.

Sunshine and Books said...

That is the best news about Lea’s mom!! That’s great! I hope you had a productive day! I am off Monday and need it to be so super productive! Have a great weekend!

Terra Heck said...

Congrats to Diane on being chosen. Looks like Relf had a lot of holiday fun!

Natasha said...

That's so cool that Diana was chosen to dance and that Facebook came through for you. And I'm thinking of your BFF Lea and hoping 2021 is better for her but yay about her mom's remission.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...