-->

Monday, December 17, 2018

Weekend Recap (Quality Time with Fam and Fram Edition)

We are coming off a weekend full of lots of quality time with family and friends like family or "framily".....

Warms my heart....loving nothing better than being with my people...here is what it looked like....

Friday Night

Pidge and I took a ride down to Medford to visit with some of my cousins...we always love visiting especially this time of year...so festive and lots of catching up to do!  Pidge had fun with Bandit the Dog and ended up taking a few of his toys home...hysterical!



After that, we met up with Rob at our friends (we let Diana stay with Papa Bob as she was run down)...the Millers...along with the Batsons....for a wonderful night...great conversation...too many laughs and AMAZING chicken pot pies...I already told them I am trying to figure out when we can eat these again...they were outstanding...Joe and Jess are fantastic cooks!




and time for a girls pic of course....


My fresh hubby in between shots :)



After dinner, we started taking turns playing old tunes...mostly from the 90's and it was SO FUN....trying to guess the song in the first few notes is fun and then singing at the top of your lungs and reminiscing...even better!

Saturday

I did something I have never done actually....I went to the gym on a Saturday...never happens...because "the hair"...story for another day....but we are in the midst of "Project Punta Cana" and I have to squeeze in any workout I can....and the bonus is meeting up with my besties to do just that...great workout....Rob and the girls were at Eva's hockey practice while I was there....and there was a special guest...Eva was thrilled!



After that there was some running around...showering up and then meeting the Fab 4 for a quick wine tasting at Chuck's "Lucia's Bodega."  Was able to snag a couple of great bottles for the holidays :)



That night, we headed over to the Batsons for our holiday dinner and gift exchange...Mike made an amazing chicken parm and I said that I felt so spoiled!  It was so nice to be cooked for ALL WEEKEND..I am not used to it BUT I truly appreciated it all!  It was a relaxing and special night....




Mike wore his Christmas shirt especially for us ;)

Sunday

We started the day with mass and CCD and then when Robby B and Eva went to do the grocery shopping, I brought Diana to our local coffee shop, The Village Bean...where we met up with her pals and their moms for what we dubbed their "Not So Secret Santa."  They came up with the idea of doing a Secret Santa but they all knew who they had AND they all knew what they were getting...hysterical.  The girls had a blast and the moms did too and agreed we need to get together regularly because it is "free therapy!"


After that, there was lots of baking....I needed to make treats for Diana's dance class parties this week AND my work peeps....cooking/baking is how I show my love so hopefully the treats go over well!





and all weekend....there were more "Elf Antics"...



After the baking was checked off my list, I made us Sunday dinner- Roasted Turkey Breast, Green Beans with Bacon and Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, Mashed Potatoes, "Christmas" Salad and Mushrooms with Goat Cheese...I was obviously inspired by Jess and Joe ;)

 Last night, we had our 4th Annual Jammie Christmas...separate post coming on that this week!
We were going to head to the Stone Zoo Lights with my parents but the weather made us change our plans at the last minute so we will get to that tradition next weekend!  


Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  What were YOU up to?

1 comments:

Rechelle said...

Those pot pies look SO YUMMY! And Hockey Santa has me laughing ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...