-->

Monday, December 10, 2018

Weekend Recap (Grinch Edition)

Another festive weekend is in the books and we "Grinched" hard this weekend....here is what we were up to.....

Friday

Mama and Janie met for an annual holiday lunch at Legals in Lynnfield.  We always have so many laughs, trade war stories and share our gratitude for each other.  I am always grateful that I found such a wonderful position in an incredible firm but I also always think and say that having a friend at work is such a bonus and I am forever grateful!





That night, we had planned a little "Hallmark" night with some of our dance friends, however, we did not watch ONE Hallmark movie.  The moms just talked about dance all night and the kids played AND choreographed all night of course...it was a cozy, festive time and I made snacks to fit our theme too!














Saturday

I was having my toes done so I surprised Diana and let her have her nails done...she is always begging me and I always say no and since Nutcracker is over, she can enjoy some festive nails for a little while (before her next show)....so while Daddy and Eva were at hockey we enjoyed some qt at the nail salon.  After that, I got to enjoy a little Hallmark before our next stop...



Kathy was having the girlfriends over for a little Christmasy get together.  At first it was supposed to be at night but since Diana couldn't make it (we had tickets to see The Grinch) she moved it so Diana could partake and we were grateful.  I made Lucy's favorite cake- the Chocolate Mascarpone Bundt Cake and helped Kathy put together a few crafts before taking off...the girls had a ball!!




See those cute headbands and necklaces?  I picked them up for the girls at Dollar Tree...they have so many cute things right now!

We grabbed Diana at 3 and headed into the big city to meet up with some besties for dinner and The Grinch!

We enjoyed dinner at PF Changs first....





and then hopped on over to the Wang/Boch Center for the big show...the girls LOVED it...Pidge was in awe...The Grinch is her favorite and we were so happy we could make that happen for her :)












After the show, we decided to meet up again for dessert and Uber'd over to Max Brenner's Chocolate Factory on Boylston St....so good...smells like a giant marshmallow when you walk in the door!





Time for a little "adult dessert" too ;)
 

 Such a great night!

Sunday

We let the girls sleep in since it was a late night on Saturday.  Then we got ready and the girls all headed to Auntie Mar's for Christmas Crafting and snacks.  We had such a lovely time :) 

We made adorable plates!







and there was some playing with cousins....
 

Auntie went all out with the snacks!
 

Mama's Gingerbread :)
 


On the way home, Diana suckered Eva into scratching her face...hysterical!
 

and then Daddy had a gig and I promised the girls we could make Grinch cookies...and so we did...
 



and finished the weekend with watching The Grinch and The Nutcracker in our bed which is always a special treat!  It was such a lovely, festive weekend in these parts!  What were you up to?

4 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Looks like another FUN weekend. Those plates are sooo cool. How do you make them??

Rechelle said...

I love how festive your weekends have been! The Grinch looked like a really great time, so sweet for Eva :)

Holly said...

Jaclyn- my Aunt got the plates at the dollar store- she laid them out for us with a bunch of magazines and different papers- we cut out images and words that we liked and then glued them to the bottom of the plate using Modge Podge - although you can't see the way it will look right away, the Mode Podge dries clear and then you have your art piece! You can't wash them in the dishwasher- just by hand and on the top only- they are the perfect plate for cookies :)

Terra Heck said...

How cool are those craft plates! I saw bacon on one of those desserts...that's what I'd eat!
I'd love to see a Grinch musical sometime. Tonight, I'm going with my 23 yoa daughter to watch ELF: The Musical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...