-->

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

What's Up Wednesday: May 2024

 



Wow!  I feel like this month got away from me...eek!  My favorite month of the year, too, sigh...anyway...let's get right to it and share what's up with us...



What We're Eating This Week


Monday- Memorial Day- Burgers on the Grill, Pickles, Pasta Salad and Life Changing Baked Beans

Find the Recipe for the Beans  HERE


 

Tuesday- Mimi's Spanish Rice

Wednesday- Pasta with Homemade Sauce (Ground Chicken and Spinach)- Mama out with Bethany and Shannon

Thursday- Breakfast for Dinner-Breakfast Burritos and Strawberries - Mama out for Cass's Bday

Friday- Pizza Night- Mama out with Lea (out alot this week!)



What I'm Reminiscing About

Summers of Past with My Babies





What I'm Loving


Fuel Good Teas

and especially the QT I get with Diana...these days are winding down...by the fall, she will be driving herself and our chats won't be as often :(




What We've Been  Up To


We enjoyed a few days in NYC exploring and seeing Diana's last dance comp of the season!



The girls loved a surprise visit from Zach and Zoe complete with stops for breakfast and rides to school!

 

Date Walks have been in Full Force!


Soul Sisters jammed at Wine Group

Diana was inducted into the International Thespian Honors Society AND she was just elected as Secretary for next year!

 

We celebrated Lea's Birthday...again...ha!!  Love her

 

We celebrated Eva's 10th Birthday in a very "Swifty" Way ;)


 

Softball Tournament Season started out with football weather....sigh....


Eva got a Palette Expander



Mama and Janie had an awesome lunch to catch up AND get down to business

 

We celebrated BA's Birthday



Diana was (is) going through her first heartbreak...so much harder than I thought....and Lexi surprised her with a BIG early birthday gift- tix to Lana Del Rey at Fenway!


We celebrated Cass's Bday

and we celebrated Mother's Day with mass, a hockey game and lobster rolls at home with the fam






Mama enjoyed the annual trip to Nantucket with the gals

We loved seeing Diana shine at the WHS Annual Cabaret Show- she sang "Not For The Life of Me" from Thoroughly Modern Millie AND was one of the Emcees again!

 

Eva took the training  wheels off and loves cruising around "the hood"

 

We enjoyed Spring Concert Season at the schools



The first softball tournament of the season was a bust but love watching Pidge do what she loves

 

and she has loved having friends over to swim!

 

Mama and Diana loved our surprise trip to Florida


We enjoyed beach time...a fun lunch at Senor Frogs....

 

AND surprising Harry at his spring show- BEST PART!




What I'm Dreading




Slowly letting go...I feel it coming...and my heart hurts already...can't believe Diana is already half way done with high school



What I'm Working On



My Full Time Job- My 2nd Job- Managing the Fam and House during this crazy spring...the usual



What I'm Excited About




A relaxing summer with some fun plans sprinkled in!



What I'm Watching/Reading



Abbott Elementary

 

Always make me laugh!


OutDaughtered

 

It's back and I am still loving this show!




Blue Bloods

 

We are up to Season 8!


 

and my two books for May were


Family Of Liars- E. Lockhart

 


 The Prequel to "We Were Liars"

A windswept private island off the coast of Massachusetts.
A hungry ocean, churning with secrets and sorrow.
A fiery, addicted heiress. An irresistible, unpredictable boy.
A summer of unforgivable betrayal and terrible mistakes.
Twenty-seven years before the events of We Were Liars comes another summer, another generation, and the secrets that will haunt them for decades—a story that is scandalous, tragic, and layered with mystery.

Welcome back to the Sinclair family.
They were always liars.

 

 I actually enjoyed this one more than the first one- it was a faster read and much more interesting


and my 2nd book was 


Hypnotized By Love by Sariah Wilson



Hypnotist Savannah Sinclair is known for helping clients overcome their deep-rooted issues, from anxiety to addiction. But her nontraditional approach also attracts plenty of skeptics—including her high school nemesis and rival, Mason Beckett, who just so happens to be the boy who broke her heart.

Mason’s life hasn’t gone according to plan. His latest novel was a flop, and the only gig he can land is writing a scathing exposé of his hometown hypnotist, Savannah. But in order to write an authentic article, he has to be a willing participant. Hypnosis is the last thing he expected: he’s shedding his negative nature and opening himself up to new experiences…and when a fire alarm interrupts their session, Mason walks out into the real world entranced and sporting a sunny disposition and a tendency to say yes.

Hypnotized Mason is fearless, revealing things he’s never told a soul, acting completely out of character, and leading Savannah on a frantic chase to keep him safe. He likes his new self. The problem is, so does Savannah. She can’t fall in love with a man who’s in a trance, but can she keep him still long enough to get him to snap out of it?

 

I loved this one---cute and easy read---love story- what more could I want? :)

 

 

 What I'm Listening To


A Whole Lotta Ariana Grande- our two faves right now- "Bye Bye" and "We Can't Be Friends"


 



What I'm Wearing


A Little Lilly





A Little Walmart




 

What I'm Doing This Weekend


Hopefully taking a long walk AND enjoying some relaxation by the pool




What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


The Girls Dance Showcase and Driver's Ed starting for Diana!



What Else is New?


Patty and I will be here tomorrow for Monthly Musings- hope you will join us!  We are talking all things SUMMER!









6 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm soooo looking forward to Monthly Musings tomorrow!!! And yes, why are the years suddenly FLYING by?!?!? I feel like I've blinked and this school year is almost over :( Yay for lots of celebratory meals with friends -- enjoy!!!

Joanne said...

I enjoyed Hypnotized by Love too and thought it was really cute. It sounds like you have a really delicious week. I refused o grocery shop (other than salad supplies and lots of butter for all the cookies/desserts I need for Saturday's party) so we're making up each night's meal as we go.

Maria Rineer said...

I want to read Family of Liars. I read We Were Liars and liked it. Drivers Ed- eeks! Exciting but scary and yes, enjoy driving Diana around because once she gets her license, your time spent with her will be greatly reduced :(. BUT, don´t despair. You have made the best memories with her and there are so many more to come (yes, even when she gets her license!).

Rightupmyaliway said...

Wow! So many fun birthday celebrations! You're doing great Mama! I know this is a busy time, but you're taking it on gracefully.

Joyce said...

You packed a lot into the month of May! I hope there's lots of lounging by the pool in June : )

Jennifer White said...

What a great month (minus the heartbreak :( )
Love the Mother's Day pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...