-->

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Monthly Musings: Getting Ready for Summer Edition

 


Hi Friends!  Patty and I are so glad you stopped by!  We hope you will join us for our fun linkup :)  We are talking all things summer and answering the questions below...





Here we go!


1. What are you looking forward to this summer?


Honestly...long walks....floating in the pool...time at the beach...a real simple summer

 



 

 

2. Favorite Summer Traditions

 

Time at the beach- cooking out and swimming- 4th of July weekend at the lake- Softball Tournaments- Annual Mommy Daughter Boogie Boarding Day- Making memories

 



 



3. Favorite Summer Recipe?  Please share!

I have a few.....

 

The Pioneer Woman's Watermelon Pico de Gallo.  Find the recipe HERE

 


 

 

  Watermelon, Feta and Blackberry Bites

Find the Recipe HERE

 


 

Burrata, Tomatoes and Peaches

Find the Recipe HERE


 


Lobster Roll Sliders

Find the Recipe HERE

 

 


 

 Homemade Strawberry Jam

Find the Recipe HERE


 

 

 

 Barley and Corn Salad with Arugula and Green Beans

Find the Recipe HERE

 


 

 

 Elin Hilderbrand's Berry Crumble

Find the Recipe HERE

 


 

 

 4. Summer Vacation Plans?


None this summer as of yet.  We may do a weekend at the beach with our parents- big TBD right now





5. Cole Slaw or Potato Salad?  Recipe to Share?

 

I would say either but unfortunately I don't have a recipe to share!

 

 

 6. Favorite Ice Cream or Frozen Treat?

 

Anything that has some chocolate in it OR I love Cotton Candy flavored ice cream too :)

 


 

 7. Favorite Summer Beverage?


I have a few- Water- Seltzers- Sauvignon Blanc or a Frozen Mango Margarita- YUM!

 


 

 

8. Beach, Lake or Mountains?

 I love all three but nothing compares to the BEACH for me :)

 


 

 

9.  Best ways to beat the heat in summer?

 

Stay in the water!  Ocean/Lake/Pool- go for it!





10. Favorite Sunscreen?

 

I love the smell of the Sun Bum and Coppertone screens- anything that smells like coconut or banana or the beach is my jam!



 Can't wait to read all about your summer goodness :)

 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

The throwback pictures are amazing! I will check out that crumble recipe. Few things top a good crumble...

Joanne said...

I love my sunscreens to smell like coconut or the beach too (but not banana). All your summer recipes look so yummy.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love everything about summer! I hope you and your family have a great summer Holly.

Memphis Bridges said...

The smell of coconut is a summer thing for me and I love that for lotion or sunscreen. Hope y’all have lots of fun water time this summer!

Joyce said...

I will definitely try the watermelon, feta, blackberry bites. They look simple, cool, and delicious. A simple summer sounds nice. 4th of July on the lake is so much fun...my oldest daughter is moving just after the 4th so probably won't come to the lake til later, but I think my younger daughter will be here with her babies. Have a nice weekend!

Good Better Best Food said...

Oh your recipes look so good. I am going to try to make some of these this summer. Thanks for being the Best blogging partner ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...