-->

Monday, May 20, 2024

Hello Monday and Hello Nantucket 2024!

 


 

Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Sarah and I are so glad you stopped by!  If you blogged about your weekend, grab our graphic above and link back up with us below.

 

Here is what my little weekend looked like...

 

Friday



A much needed lunch date after a very rough week...thank God for my partner in crime


That night, I picked up Lea and we hit the road...it took us about three hours to arrive on "The Cape" or Hyannis for the night.  We checked into the Hyannis Inn, dropped our bags, laughed at how small our room was and how we would have to share a double bed- ha!  Then we walked next door for dinner at Embargo which was dynamite!








Saturday


We were up at 5, got dressed in our sweats, checked out and headed over to the ferry which was only a two minute drive.  Our ferry to Nantucket was taking off at 6:10am! I considered us ninjas ;)

 

We arrived on Nantucket a little after 7...it was rainy and yucky...sigh

 



 We walked up to Black Eyed Susan's for breakfast...we didn't want to wake the rest of our troop by getting to our rental house too early...so it was good to warm up and kill some time and fill our bellies of course :)

Meanwhile...at home...

 

After getting to the house, we dropped our bags and headed out to get some water (while the rest of the troop was at breakfast)  Lea thinks she is so funny showing how far ahead I was walking from her...hysterical


 

Once we got back to the house and the rest of the gang arrived, a few of us headed out to go downtown and visit some shops...the rest of our troop had done that the day before but Lea and I would only get this one chance....

How cute is this cookie that was in one of the boutiques?


 

Well...I converted these ladies and they are all now LOLA gals too :)



I did snag another one..I picked up the locket charm and a gold bracelet to put it on

 

After that, we walked back to the house to get ready for our day

As we are getting ready, we were laughing because this is the only time you will see Beth Ann taller than Laurel- ha!


 

Laurel, Lea and I headed to Current Vintage for a complimentary champagne tasting they were doing...







Then we met up with the rest of the group for lunch at Brant Point Grill

 

Then it was time for the Wine Fest












 

Meanwhile at home...




We Ubered back to the house after the fest and got freshened up...well most of us did...we lost a few from our group ;)

 

Then we grabbed some snacks at Slip 14 after the fest

and crashed early...again most of us...there were a couple of stragglers



Sunday


Lea and I were up at 6am so we could grab some coffee before catching our 7:40 ferry back to Hyannis...more rain...getting really tired of it....



Yesterday was full of getting organized for the week and groceries, a birthday party for Pidge and some Keno at Red's last night





 

 











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough week. I hope your fun weekend away was the perfect remedy for you. It looks like you had such an amazing time. I would love to visit Nantucket, it sounds like a gorgeous place. I hope you have a wonderful week, Holly!

Amy from www.coffeeandcocktailsatthecasa.com said...

That looks so fun and like such a whirlwind! Did you run into Elin? Did you have a fave wine? I have seen Hampton Water in our shops.

Memphis Bridges said...

Glad it was a fun weekend in spite of the rain. It all still looks beautiful there. Have a good Monday!

Maria Rineer said...

Great pictures of your fun weekend away! I just read a book this weekend that takes place all over the little islands near and including Nantucket. It was a rich behaving badly kind of book and was so good. Anyway, I thought of you! Looks like a great getaway!

Joyce said...

I've never been to Nantucket...sorry about the weather but looks like a fun weekend anyway. I love a wine tasting. And it's good to have a break from all the things we deal with on the daily when it comes to raising children and caring for a family. I hope you have a nice week!

Tanya said...

Waaahhh, sorry to hear about the rain. It still looks like fun!

Rightupmyaliway said...

Oh so fun!! I would LOVE to go to Nantucket and would love to be there for Wine fest! Looks like a great little girl's getaway!

obscure said...

What a fun girls weekend!! The Cape is my absolute favorite -so much better than the Hamptons in my opinion. We usually go to Wellfleet for a few weeks in the summer but Nantucket is amazing ;)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sorry for the rainy weekend but it still looked like you all had a wonderful time together!

Joanne said...

So sorry it was such a rainy, miserable weekend but you all look like you definitely made the best of it!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

What a wonderful weekend on Nantucket! I love the dress and the stripes that go in a different way, rather than just vertical or horizontal. Those are some of my favorite colors together: blue and green. I laughed over you and Lea being cuddle buddies now as well as besties forever. 🤣 Thanks for sharing your fun weekend with us!

Jennifer White said...


Despite the rain, it looks like a great time. I love the "meanwhile back at home" haha
I probably typed this when you went last year, but I hope to get to Nantucket one day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...