-->

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Not Just A Mom: Hobbies Edition

 Hi Friends!  I am joining Joanne and Jen and the ladies over at NAJM and sharing my hobbies this month!


Here we go!



Watching My Girls Do What They Love


This is a no brainer and where I spend most of my time nowadays- soaking it all up!











Reading


My goal is two books per month.  Sometimes I am able to squeak in a third.  I am also part of a Book Club in town and some of my reads are for the club- so fun!


A few of my faves this year include



Five Star Weekend- Elin Hilderbrand



One Italian Summer- Rebecca Serle



Everyone Here Is Lying- Shari Lapena




Dear Body- Brittany Williams





Blogging


Well if you have been reading for awhile you know I consistently blog and have been since 2007.  My goal is to get three posts or more up per week- sometimes I get it done and other times I slack but it brings me joy!



Cooking


I love to cook and it helps to clear my mind and decompress.  I consistently meal plan and get cooking done for my fam but I think I tend to get the most creative when I am cooking for fun on the weekends!


Some fave and fun recipes include


Strawberry Salsa

 


 

 Fall Cheese Ball

 


 

Caramel Apple Martinis

 


 The Pioneer Woman's Fig Proscuitto Pizza

 


Lobster Roll Sliders


Autumn Chicken and Squash Risotto


 


Homemade Strawberry Jam



Ghosts In The Graveyard






Walking


I love walking for what it does for me both physically and mentally and walking outside is my favorite.





Spending Time with Family and Friends


This brings me so much joy!  Whether it is a family dinner or wine club or events with my besties...I love to "Follow The Joy"


 

 

and last but not least....


Hallmark/Chick Flicks


Hallmark for the holidays and chick flicks and documentaries the rest of the year- that can include shows or movies or docuseries...this is the best way for me to decompress for sure!





11 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I loved reading all of this! You are quite the hostess with your cooking abilities! This post tells me so much more about you. I wish we lived closer to each other! I'd love for us to meet in person someday. I'd love to come back to your area! I don't know where exactly it is that you live, but I know you're not too far from Boston, right?

Maria Rineer said...

Awww, this was fun to read. I'm glad that you started blogging all those years ago and still do. I know it's rewarding to you and that you'll look back years from now and be glad that you documented what you did. I enjoy following along and have gotten some great recipes from your blog :).

Adrienne Patenaude said...

I love that your girls do so many activities that you get to watch. We have are still getting our footing on what activities my kids like and and to do.

Holly said...

@Jennifer- I wish we lived closer too! Yes not far from Boston so let me know when you may return to the area so we can plan to meet up :)

Joanne said...

None of these surprised me in the least! My sister just recommended Everyone Here In Lying to me too. I have put in a request at the library for it and can't wait to dig in.

Tanya said...

Your hobbies are all so fun, and we have lots in common. I love that you put watching your kids at the top of the list. That has always been my "hobby" too, and it has been an adjustment to be an empty nester for this reason. I just got Five Star Weekend from the library and can't wait to read it!

Natasha said...

I absolutely could have added "watching my kids do their thing" as that is something I absolutely LOVE to do! And we have so many hobbies in common -- I love it! And we watched that Hallmark movie this past weekend. I love that even though Sam makes fun of them, he still comes out of his room and watches them with us!

Alexandra said...

Yes to Hallmark!! I subscribed to the Frndly ap, and it's been one of the best decisions! They have multiple Hallmark channels - I have been one happy camper. So sweet to see the girls so passionate about what they're doing! High fives to them!

Kim Carberry said...

Watching your girls do what they love is a wonderful hobby. You do right soaking it all up before they grow up.
I love cooking too, what great recipes, especially that Strawberry Salsa.

Jennifer White said...

We have many similar hobbies :) No I want to go watch a Hallmark movie. haha

Anonymous said...

Holly, we have a lot of the same hobbies! I will have to check out those recipes.
Julie’s Creative Lifestyle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...