-->

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

My 2022 Books and Faves Named!

 



Hi Friends!  Can't believe we are at the end of the year!  Wow!  I always love to look back at my books for the year and then list my faves....

 

So here goes nothing....here are my reads for 2022 and then at the bottom you will find my faves!

 

 

Books Read in 2022

 

January

Accidental Lies- Dana Mason

Accidental Secrets- Dana Mason

Going There- Katie Couric

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo- Taylor Jenkins Reid 


February

The Hotel- Pamela Kelley

November 9- Colleen Hoover


March

The Nantucket Inn- Pamela Kelley

Nantucket Neighbors- Pamela Kelley

Nantucket White Christmas- Pamela Kelley

A Nantucket Affair- Pamela Kelley


April

Nantucket Weddings- Pamela Kelley

Reminders Of Him- Colleen Hoover


May

The Golden Couple- Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

Nantucket News- Pamela Kelley


June

Summer Love- Nancy Thayer

Meant To Be- Emily Giffin


July

The Summer Place- Jennifer Weiner

The Hotel Nantucket- Elin Hilderbrand


August

Smells Like Tween Spirit- Laurie Gelman

Curse Of The Spellmans- Lisa Lutz

Revenge of The Spellmans- Lisa Lutz

 

September

Spellmans Strike Again- Lisa Lutz

Trail of The Spellmans- Lisa Lutz 


October

The Spellman Six (The Next Generation)- Lisa Lutz

Refuse to Sink- Kelly Guay 


November

Go On Girl- Hilary Grossman

It Starts With Us- Colleen Hoover 


December

Murder On The Class Trip- Lee Hollis

Endless Summer- Elin Hilderbrand


 

So my faves?  Are listed below 5 to 1...1 being my fave of the year!



5. Going There- Katie Couric


 

Loved this memoir and hearing all about the competitive industry...yes alot of the time I didn't like her and how competitive she was and the time she spent away from her family for her career but on the flip side I respect her hard work and how she was able to support her family so thoroughly enjoyed this one




4. Meant To Be- Emily Giffin


 

This was a novel loosely based on John Jr. and Carolyn Kennedy and it had me hooked on the first page- always love her books just don't enjoy her politics especially since she fancies herself a political expert on Instagram- the only reason why I may not read her future books BUT couldn't help to get sucked in to another love story here



3. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo- Taylor Jenkins Reid


 

Wow!  So many people recommended this one and they didn't steer me wrong- this was an amazing story written from the point of view of the journalist and I loved reading all about the love stories especially in Old Time Hollywood- it was a fantastic read!



2. Smells Like Tween Spirit- Laurie Gelman



She NEVER lets me down- I hope this series goes on forever- she makes me laugh every time and just gets this season of raising kids and all of the pressures and laughs that these school years bring- well done!



1. My Top Read for the Year was The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekannen


 

Gosh I love these two and their thriller stories!  They know how to suck me in but this was my fave by them by far.  It was SO GOOD..I flew through it...loved the suspense and the backdrop of D.C...hope they write another one soon...reminds me of the True Crime documentaries that I love as well!

 

A few honorable mentions that were so close include: The Summer Place by Jennifer Weiner and The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand and November 9 by Colleen Hoover.  I also really enjoyed the rest of The Spellman Series!

 

I look forward to gathering all of your recommendations next year and hope we have some great new reads by some of my favorite authors!

 

You can find my past lists with top picks below:

2021 HERE

2020  HERE

2019 HERE

2018 HERE and 

2017 HERE

4 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Great list of books! I will check some of these out. Interesting about Emily Giffin- I probably don't want to know what her political views are (mine tend to be contrary to a number of authors/ celebrities...). I do think I've read one of her books before and liked it. The one by her you mentioned sounds good.

Good Better Best Food said...

Oh thanks for sharing these! See you tomorrow.

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

7 Husbands made it onto my favorites list too. I haven't read The Golden Couple yet but it's definitely on my radar as is Katie's book.

Holly said...

@Maria Nope! You would definitely not agree with her politics- ha! ;) @Patty thanks for always being there! @Joanne I hope you love the Golden Couple- I really did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...