-->

Monday, December 19, 2022

Hello Monday and Hello The Most Festive Weekend!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Sarah  and I are so glad you are here!

Don't forget to grab our graphic and link back up with us below!



Here is what our festive weekend looked like



Friday Night


We made our 8th Annual Jammie Christmas happen!  Remi was in tow- Chic Fil A Peppermint Shakes were in hand, Christmas tunes were blaring and we were ready!  Yeah!  It was raining but it made it all that much more cozy.  This year we focused on Salem and Windham only.  The lights were in full effect :)
















By the end of the night, we switched to the Mamma Mia soundtrack....we were singing at the top of our lungs (well us three girls were anyway- HA!)


Good night :)




Saturday


It had snowed overnight so we skipped our date walk and Rob and I headed to the store to pick up poinsettias for our cemetery visits.  The rest of the day consisted of some baking and some Hallmark and maybe a little "Harry and Meghan"- yup I couldn't help myself- eek.  Eva joined me and we got silly at one point putting our festive headbands on :)


Diana was at dance rehearsals and then Rob brought her to her very first babysitting job in the next town over- two little girls became her little friends during Triple Threat this year and they were all excited for their "play date"

 

Eva went to hang with Papa and Rob and I headed to the McLain's Holiday Party- always one of the best nights all year!  Had so much fun with our peeps!

 Chuck did the cooking- he is the best!



We were missing our Betty Boop- she was with her Mama who was having surgery




















 

Sunday

 

We were up bright and early and all headed to mass.  It felt so good and the sermon was ON POINT.  After that, our little fam headed out to the cemeteries and it was the most smooth it ever went- traffic and weather were on our side as we paid tribute to our loved ones who have passed- a tradition we practice every year. 

 

During our travels, we made our breakfast stop at The Gingerbread Construction Company- muffins for all!  Nothing like their gingerbread muffin- friends if you are local, you MUST try




 

 

 We got all of our visits done in three hours!  I think that is a record.

 

After that, we came home to grab a bite and took Diana to a theater to see her bestie Harry perform in another Nutcracker.

 



 

The three of us headed to Mimi and Papa's for our Annual trip to Zoo Lights.  There were more lights this year and everything was oh so pretty!  The only disappointment was that Santa was not there for pictures again- we think Covid ended that tradition and that is pretty sad.

 


 

















After the lights, we headed back to Mimi and Papa's for an awesome dinner!

 Mimi made her famous meatball veggie soup- SO GOOD



and my favorite- the Peppermint Angel Food Cake- my mom made it every year I came home for winter break while I was in college- it just tastes like Christmas to me :)



As you can see, our weekend was jam packed with festive fun!  What were you up to?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

13 comments:

Amy from www.coffeeandcocktailsatthecasa.com said...

Your plaid top is gorgeous! The gingerbread muffin and the peppermint angel food! You knew I would go straight to the food and fashion in your post! Ha! What a festive weekend!

Riverbreeze Farm said...

Would love to see the angel food recipe!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I am so glad you mentioned Remi tagging along to look at Christmas lights. I want to do this tonight with our dogs who enjoy going for a ride! What a great weekend you had! I love that plaid shirt you had on at your friend's party. That wine cellar is amazing- how cool would that be to have one in your home? I have never heard of a gingerbread cupcake, but it sounds incredible. I'm a fan of gingerbread, I just never eat it. We had our first Christmas celebration on Saturday, which was really fun. One down, two to go! Have a great day, my friend! ❤

Maria Rineer said...

What a great weekend! Your friend's house (and her dress!) is so pretty. Love all of your festive activities. Were those matching jammies? Love it!! All the lights in town are so pretty. Gourmet gingerbread?? I am IN! I assume the icing is cream cheese? YUM.

Jennifer White said...

What a fabulous weekend! It looks like you all had so much fun. Peppermint angel food cake? I've never had that! I'm hoping we get to look at Christmas lights tonight. We haven't had time, and I feel like we are running out of time.

Jennifer White said...

What a festive and fun weekend! The peppermint angel food cake looks delish. I've never had that. I hope that we can get out to see lights tonight. We haven't had time, and now I feel like we are running out of time.

Natasha said...

Happy weekend!!! Yay for Zoo Lights being back and I love your top from Saturday night. Our weekend was full of Rachel dancing and getting ready to celebrate Channukah -- it was too busy for blogging or taking many pictures. Boo. Have a good last week before Christmas!

Family and the Lake House said...

Woohoo! You guys are having a great time seeing so many fun things! Look at all those lights! I love how cozy you guys were in your jammies!

Joanne said...

What a super fun weekend!! I love that plaid top you wore for your Christmas party. We still haven't made it out to see any Christmas lights yet.. I'm hoping maybe we can leave my moms just a bit early on Christmas eve and squeeze some in then! LOL

Tanya said...

What a fun weekend! We did our jammie lights night this weekend too. I just heard that the zoo lights here are cancelled this week due to cold rainy weather. We weren't planning to go, but just think of all those ruined plans. Have a good week!

Ruth said...

What a fun and festive weekend! I love how you guys pay tribute to your loved ones. What a special tradition.

Andrea Nine said...

Festive weekend, so sweet and my goodness girlfriend, you look so stinking cute and plaid!

Rightupmyaliway said...

Oh what a fun festive weekend! I love Jammie Christmas! We haven't done it this year, since we are still in school until Friday. Maybe Friday night we can make it happen! I love that Christmas top for the party! It's beautiful! Have a great week!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...