-->

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Let's Look: Hosting Holiday Parties Edition

 




Hi Friends!  Today I am linking up HERE and joining Erica and Shay for their "Let's Look Linkup".

 

This month we are talking how we host holiday parties- one of my favorite past times!

 

 

I thought I would share some basics with you today!

 

 Here are the steps I take to ensure a successful holiday party:

 

 

Decide On The Theme

 

Years ago I would host a recipe exchange party and it was fun to try different dishes and vote on them.  In recent years, I have switched to a Favorite Things theme and that seems to be an even bigger hit- everyone loves going home with gifts!

 




 

 

 

Create The Guest List

 

I like to keep this rather intimate but need to include all of my VIPs :)

 


 

 

Plan The Menu

 

I used to do apps and desserts and made mostly everything on my own BUT I got smart this year and had the party catered and I got to enjoy much more this way!


 


 

Plan The Decor

 

I always make sure my Christmas Decor is up before the party every year....then we know the holidays are here!

 




 

Favors

 


 This year I gave out little Philosophy Holiday Scented Shower Gels- last year I did chocolates and the year before I did lip glosses with mini chocolate Santas...just a little something to say thank you for coming to my shindig!

 

 

The Ambience

 

You will find that I always have candles burning and the Christmas tunes playing softly in the background...it makes for great ambience and sets the tone for a cozy and fun night!

 




 Those are just a few of my basics :)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I knew you'd have lots of great hosting tips! It looks like you thought of everything.

Maria Rineer said...

Agree with Joanne! You are an expert on this subject!! Great tips- glad you took it easier on yourself and had your party catered.

Tanya said...

It looks like you are such an experienced and welcoming hostess! Such a fun party!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You seem like the best host! I am sure your parties are a blast!

Good Better Best Food said...

We have our Favorite Things party today too and I cannot wait. And friend, I am all about the catering. Happy Friday!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...