-->

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Let's Look: High School and College Faves

 




Hi Friends!  I am joining Erika and Shay today for their Let's Look Linkup!  Today we are talking "High School and College Faves"

 

 

Now...I am not sure if they are talking people or things or what but I figured I would follow my gut and also share what's on my heart

 

 

High School

 

 

Peeps

 

I only keep in touch with one friend from high school (other than chatting on FB with friends here and there)  Dawn is down in New Jersey now but we still message each other when funny things happen that only we would laugh at...that was our specialty in high school...making eye contact and cracking up at the silliest things while others just rolled their eyes- HA!

 

Us- in High School


 

and us, in college

 


 

Fave Fashion Back Then

 

Forenza, Express, Limited, Gap- layers, pegged pants, Keds with puffy slouchy white socks (wish I had a pic but I don't)

 

 

Fave Music/Trends

 

Bon Jovi and Debbie Gibson all the time- everyone at Andover High knew I was a Bon Jovi freak- "I was going to marry Richie Sambora"- HA!

 

 

Now, my favorite years.....

 

 

College

 

 

Oh I loved EVERY DARN MINUTE of College!  They were my favorite years until I married my husband and had my family....just so grateful for my college experience

 




Senior Year Spring Break in Cancun was a highlight!


 

and nights in Newport RI- an absolute fave!



 

 But my absolute FAVORITE PART of college was my theater work- had the most amazing theater experiences and made some of my best friends and we still keep in touch today- I participated in 10 different shows while at UMASS Dartmouth and if I could go back and do it again I would go in a second!

 

Shows I was in: Bye Bye Birdie (Ensemble), Anastasia (Baroness Livenbaum), Cabaret (Fraulein Schneider), A Few Good Men (Lt Commander Joanne Galloway, Wizard Of Oz (The Wicked Witch), The Philadelphia Story (Elizabeth Imbrie), Oliver (Nancy), Dancing at Lughnasa (Kate), Guys and Dolls (Adelaide) and Camelot (Morgan Le Fey)





 Fave fashion

 

It was all about jeans and sweatshirts but sometimes I would dress up for class because I have always been a fashion nut- HA! Anyway, I was into the plaid flannels with tank tops underneath and thick black shoes like the rest of them :)

 

Fave music/trends

 

Oh it was the birth of grunge with Nirvana and I LOVED all of the 90's alternative bands- Pearl Jam, Live, The Offspring and got into some classic rock too!

 

 

So that's just a little snapshot of some of my faves from my youth...I know I am dating myself but when I look back, I smile...I feel very lucky to have the experiences that I do and they helped to shape who I am today :)

 

Can't wait to read all about your faves 

 

 

Linking up HERE

4 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

This was fun to read and of course to see the pictures of you from... not THAT long ago, lol (I say that because based on dates, we are close to the same age!). You rocked all of the 80's and 90's styles so well. I had no idea of your drama/ musical talent. I'll bet being in those shows was a blast. Completely agree with your sentiment that experiences in the past shape who we are today. I hope you have a great Wednesday!

Joanne said...

Ah.. now I see where your girls get their performer genes from! That sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't participate in anything from college other than the actual classes. I have always been a bit of a homebody and wall flower so tended to just watch from the sidelines; happily reading a book. LOL

My Glittery Heart said...

Love all the HAIR!

Good Better Best Food said...

You had me at Forenza! That was a blast from my wardrobe past.

Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...