-->

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Show Us Your Books: March 2022

 



Hi Friends!  Today I am joining Steph and Jana and showing you my books!



I am focusing on March....my monthly goal is 2 books per month but I know this month, I will rad 3-4 because I started "The Beach Plum Cove Series" by Pamela Kelley and I am LOVING it...they are stories based on Nantucket and based on a family who owns a Bed and Breakfast...each story dives deeper into the different characters!


The first book is "The Nantucket Inn" and I finished most of this during my flight down to Aruba last week...I flew through it!


Summary: Lisa Hodges needs to make a decision fast. Thanks to her dead husband's gambling addiction, her savings are almost gone. In her early fifties with a large, waterfront home to support, Lisa hasn't worked in over thirty years, has no in-demand skills and is virtually unemployable.

She doesn't want to sell her house or move, so her son, Chase, a local builder, helps her turn it into a bed and breakfast so she can stay on Nantucket near her four adult children—who have problems of their own.

Her oldest daughter, Kate, seems to have it all—a glamorous career in Boston working as a writer for a popular fashion magazine and engaged to a dangerously handsome, photographer—until her world implodes.

Kate's twin, local artist, Kristen, is growing frustrated with her on-again off-again relationship with an older, separated businessman. 

Youngest daughter, Abby, and her husband have been trying to have a baby. But it hasn't happened yet, and Abby wonders if it's a sign that maybe their marriage isn't as perfect as everyone thinks.

Her son Chase is the only one of her children who seems to have no drama in his life—for now

The Nantucket Inn is the first book in a series that follows the Hodges family, friends, and visitors to Nantucket's Beach Plum Cove Inn.




The second book is "Nantucket Neighbors" and I got through this one on my flight home...just as great as the first!


Summary:
Book your visit to the Beach Plum Cove Inn today.....meet widow Lisa Hodges and her four adult children, friends, and visitors to the newly opened waterfront bed and breakfast. In the first book, The Nantucket Inn, Lisa learned that her deceased husband had a hidden gambling addiction and had blown through their retirement savings. Since she'd been raising four children and hadn't worked in years, she had no employable skills. Her only option if she wanted to stay on the island near her loved ones, was to rent out her second floor rooms.

And she's loving it so far. Lisa's first guest, restaurant owner Rhett Byrne quickly became a close friend and then something more. In her early fifties, it sounds strange to her to call him her boyfriend, but that's what he is.

Her daughter Kristen, finally ended things with Sean, the separated man that no one in the family was excited about. It wasn't until she was beginning to move on, that he filed for divorce, and then begged her for another chance. So she gave him one, much to everyone's dismay. But then the cottage next door is sold, and she discovers who her new neighbor is.

Chase, the only boy in the family, has never been serious about anyone before. But he's suddenly withdrawn and has been secretive about who he's seeing, which only makes everyone that much more curious. When they learn who it is, the concern grows as no one wants to see Chase hurt, again.

Lisa's best friend, Paige, has a new neighbor too and it's one she is most decidedly not enthused about. Violet was one of the women who stood up at town meeting and protested against Lisa's inn being approved by the selectman. Because the house is right next door, Paige can't help but notice the steady stream of traffic. Violet seems to be very popular with a lot of people.

The inn is doing well and bookings are up, but then one Friday night, a guest that prepaid for the weekend never shows up. And quite a few people, including the police, come asking questions.


I am now reading Book # 3 "Nantucket White Christmas"...I just started it...all good so far...won't fly through it as fast as I am now back to work and real life again!




Summary:

Growing up as an orphan, Angela Stark has never been a fan of the holiday season, even though she was a Christmas baby. This year is no exception when everything that could possibly go wrong does, and she and her elderly cat, Sam, are about to be homeless. Her last resort is to move in temporarily with her best friend, Jane—who is allergic to cats. But then, a letter arrives that changes everything, and she and Sam find themselves heading to Nantucket. It seems like the perfect financial solution that will enable her to return home to San Francisco a few months later.

But then she meets the Hodges family and friends. In particular, a certain best-selling author who tries to convince her to stay on Nantucket longer. And as she gets to know Lisa Hodges and her children, Kate, Kristen, Abby and Chase, she experiences what it’s like to be welcomed as part of a family, for the first time.

 

 

I am so glad this is a long series- I am devouring each book!  So light and fun :)

 

 

In addition to these books, I read my devotionals daily...here is one example...

 

Sarah Young has the written the best collection of devotionals...perfect for every day!

 

 

 

That's a wrap!  What are you reading right now?  Can't wait to see your books!


 

10 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love those Beach Plum Cove books! After you read the sixth book, you should her standalone, The Hotel, because new characters are introduced that will be mentioned in later books. Also, The Restaurant and Christmas at the Restaurant are so good- all of them and I am making my way through every book she's ever written. She's my new favorite author!

Holly said...

@Jennifer- I have read the Restaurant series and LOVED it especially since one of the sisters is a Recruiter- I am too so could relate to her work pressure! I read the Hotel as well and loved it- any others you recommend by her? She is becoming one of my favorite authors! :)

Kelly said...

That Beach Plum Cove series sounds perfect for summer - adding to my list now! Have you ever been to Nantucket? It's on my bucket list after all these books! Also, I love Sarah Young's devotionals!

Tanya said...

I need to check out the Beach Plum Cove books...sounds like a fun, light read!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

The Nantucket books look great, especially the first two as we enter the spring season!

Joanne said...

I love those Beach Plum Cove books too!

My Glittery Heart said...

Besides my quiet time books. I read trashy love novels ;)

Kelly said...

I will add The Nantucket books to my list to read
http://www.kellydenisereads.com/

Sunshine and Books said...

That Nantucket series looks great! I want to start that one this summer!!

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I have never heard of this series. I will definitely add it to my list. They sound like good books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...