-->

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

What's Up Wednesday: February 2022

 




Hi Friends!  I am SO EXCITED that it is the end of February...one day closer to Spring...can I get a what what???  ;)


It is time for my fave linkup of the month when we share "what's up with us!"  Linking up HERE...Here it goes....



What We're Eating This Week


Daddy is in charge of dinners this week...he is giving Mama a much needed break so I can organize for our vacation (fingers crossed) next week!


Monday- Leftover Pasta with Vodka Sauce (I need to post my recipe soon!)



Tuesday- Chicken Caesar Salads, Rolls

Wednesday- Turkey Burgers, Chips, Pickles, Broccoli

Thursday- Breakfast for Dinner- Breakfast Tacos, Turkey Bacon, Strawberries


Friday- Takeout!

 

 

What I'm Reminiscing About

 

Road trips of past...as we were making our trek to Long Island...I had time to think and reminisce and remember the wonderful road trips my parents took us on :)

 


 

What I'm Loving

 

Wordle...there I said it...ha!

 


 

 What We've Been Up To

 

Mama and her besties did not let the cancellation of the NH Winter Wine Festival let them down- they did it up with an awesome sushi dinner to ignore such a catastrophe ;)


 

 We have been spending time with the cutest couple! :)


 

 Daddy played at The Winter Fest at Fody's and had a blast




 We lived to tell about the biggest snowstorm of the year here


 

 There were plenty of YAGP rehearsals for Miss Diana



 and Eva lost her first tooth- YEAH!  She was soooo happy!!



 Mama attended Clare's presentation and oh did it speak to her!



 

 Diana and Mama's Snapchat streak is still going strong ;)



 

and our snuggle bunny is just the cutest as always!


 



We loved seeing Caden in Derryfield's production of Mamma Mia!





and enjoyed the YAGP Dress Rehearsal and Photo Shoot





Diana and her dance pals had a great time competing at YAGP Boston/Worcester!


We exchanged our family Valentines and treats!


and Diana placed 1st in the Windham PTA Reflections Competition for Dance Choreography- next stop States!



Mama enjoyed a Valentine themed wine group at Lisa's



and our little fam enjoyed our road trip adventure to Long Island for Diana's first film job!





What I'm Dreading


Nothing at the moment!


What I'm Working On


Faith- Health- Wealth...pretty much sums it up!

 

 

What I'm Excited About

 

Heading (hopefully) to Aruba next week- all so nerve-wracking with COVID testing and such but keeping the faith!

 


 

 

 What I'm Watching/Reading

 

Wish I could tell you we watched the Olympics but the only portion I caught was the mens' figure skating- missed the female competition all together and pretty much just saw the highlights on the evening news.

 

 In January and February I binged Sex And The City - all seasons plus the two movies- I decided not to watch AJLT again...for now anyway...will come back to it since the season just wrapped up!



and enjoying the final season of This Is Us



 I am giving "Married At First Sight" Boston a shot because the funny conversations have started back up in my office and I am intrigued...love laughing and just so curious

 



and my two books for February were



The Hotel by Pamela Kelly



I loved her "Restaurant Series" especially since one of the sisters was a Recruiter and any story set on Nantucket always pulls me in.  Cass encouraged me to read this one and then get into her Beach Plum Cove Series which I am planning to do next!

 

Summary:  The Whitley is Nantucket's most exclusive waterfront hotel - a sprawling collection of pristine white cottages and an elegant main building on a long stretch of private white sandy beach. It's a family owned business - brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, all work there in various capacities.

Paula is happy in her back-office accounting position. But changes are in store when her grandfather promotes her and fires her cousin - who then blames Paula.

Meanwhile, a blond romantic-comedy superstar is hiding out at the hotel for a few months. She meets Paula's brother Nick, a chef - who has no idea who she is - and she likes it that way.

Paula's grandfather hires a consultant to help her settle into her new role. But she isn't sure what to think of David, who grew up on Nantucket but now lives in Manhattan.

He's brilliant and will be assessing Paula's suitability for the role. He's also home for another reason, a difficult family issue that makes Manhattan seem very far away.


and November 9 by Colleen Hoover


I always love her novels- nice mix of drama, love, suspense and a great story!


Summary: Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?

 

 What I'm Listening To

 

Well when Diana is in the car, we are listening to the Charlie Brown soundtrack and always "her song" on repeat so she can rehearse.  She is playing Sally in the upcoming WMS production in April and her big song is "My New Philosophy" 

 


 

Pidge and Daddy got me hooked on a Pit Bull song during our drive to NY- I Feel Good



and we also listened to lots of Taylor Swift...until Daddy couldn't take it anymore...ha!




What I'm Wearing



For Work...




for Working Out (yup I love cobalt blue!)




and for the weekends...over the winter...lots of black and lots of layers





 

What I'm Doing This Weekend

 

COVID Testing- Finishing our packing and chilling! 

 

 

 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


The girls doing their Performance Awards for a Judge from AAB, Time in Boston spent with the Fab Four and celebrating my mom's and my father in law's birthdays!

 

 

 

What Else Is New?


I think I covered it all!

 

 

What's up with YOU?




6 comments:

Natasha said...

WHOOOO HOOOO Aruba!!! Have so much fun!!! And blue is your colour! That dress looks fabulous on you!

Memphis Bridges said...

I watched several seasons of Love at First Sight, but haven't seen the most recent ones. Hope you have a great trip! Seems like the perfect time to go.

Joanne said...

Oh I am so excited for you and your Aruba trip! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out and all goes smoothly!! What a fun filled month you have had.

Maria Rineer said...

You have some great things coming up! I sure hope your trip happens!! Impressed with all you get done/ have going on- you are spinning a lot of plates (even though the plates are all good things!).

Good Better Best Food said...

Girl, you really need to share that vodka sauce recipe! I need that one. See you tomorrow for Monthly Musings!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

All About That Mommy Life said...

Aruba will be a blast!! Can't wait to read about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...