-->

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Aruba Salad

 


 

 

 So when I visited Aruba last May with my friends, my favorite meal all week was our special dinner at Flying Fish Bone.  You actually dine right on the beach...with the surf rolling in and the most magnificent sunset to enjoy.  The ambience is what brings people here each year in droves but I will tell you for me/us it was everything- yes the ambiance but the food...the drinks and the service...all outstanding...we also had so many laughs that evening and I look back on it fondly.


My favorite part of the meal was actually my first course...the salad....I knew I would want to recreate it at home!  I remember saying "this is the most interesting salad I have ever had...I love it!"


Fast forward eight months and now that I am going back with my family, I got inspired to whip up this salad last week for lunch...I did so for my hubby and me and although it wasn't as pretty as the original...it was just as delicious and "interesting!"


Hope you will give it a try...it is a wonderful appetizer/first course or can be the main course...especially if you add some protein!

 

 

 

 

Ingredients


2 cups Spring Mix

1/2 cup sliced black olives

1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped

1/2 cup red pepper, chopped

2 beets, chopped

1 cup corn

1/2 cup onion strings

*Goat Cheese is optional and the protein I decided to throw in last week- my original salad in Aruba did not have a protein*

 

Dressing of your choice!




Instructions


Chop each ingredient and stack them in order

Add your favorite dressing

Serve and enjoy!


 (I just threw all the ingredients together but if I were serving this to guests, I would stack the ingredients the way Flying Fish Bone did!)


2 comments:

My Glittery Heart said...

Looks amazing!! We love Aruba! I think we have been 5 or 6 times!

Joanne said...

That sounds delicious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...