-->

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Show Us Your Books (February 2022)

 



Hi Friends!  Today I am linking up with Steph and Jana for their "Show Us Your Books" Linkup!  So so fun



Sharing some recent and current reads because they are all fabulous



The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reed

This one certainly lived up to the hype...old Hollywood Glamor....a star telling her story to an up and comer writer...every twist and turn and romance was perfectly depicted....just devoured it!





Going There by Katie Couric



Katie Couric's new memoir is powerful...truly showed you how competitive and cut throat the media/tv business can be...I found it to be fascinating and sometimes disheartening to see how she let work and fame get in the way of family so often...following her husband's sickness and death were heart-wrenching...my least fave part was the portion talking about Matt Lauer...ick....and I found myself routing for Katie when she met "Molner" her now husband...so very good...both this and Evelyn Hugo will most likely be in my top three for the year...that's how good!





The Hotel by Pamela Kelly



My bestie Cass recommended this one and I knew I would love it as I LOVED her Restaurant series (still hoping for a third book in that one!)  Nothing beats the backdrop of Nantucket...throw in romance and I am a goner...reading this now and loving it!

 

 

 


 Daily Encouragement by Barbour Books

3-Minute Devotions for Women

 


and an example of one of my daily devotionals...I read from these devotionals every day....Exhibit A

 


 This one is very special to me as my bestie Janie gifted it to me :)

 

So what are you reading?  I always love getting my reading recommendations from YOU!


10 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Both of your first two books are books I have on hold through Libby. I can't wait to read them! I also love all the Pamela Kelley books- have you read the Nantucket Inn series? There are seven out right now and she's working on the eighth. I love her books because they inspire me to cook!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I loved Evelyn Hugo so much. What a great reading experience that has stuck with me for years!

Kelly said...

Glad you had a great reading month! That TJR & Katie Couric books are on my to-read list. Also, I love a good Nantucket setting, so I'll have to check out that one as well.

My Glittery Heart said...

Great reads!

Joanne said...

Ooh! What a fabulous pile of books; all three of your first books are on my "must read soon!" list.

Kristen said...

Evelyn Hugo! love. So good, still think about it years later.

Natasha said...

I LOVED Evelyn Hugo! And I am eagerly waiting for my hold on Going There to come in.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want to read Evelyn Hugo!

Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

Sunshine and Books said...

I loved Evelyn Hugo too!! I need to read a Pamela Kelley book. I have a few sitting on my kindle waiting for me. I’m on the waiting list for Katie Couric’s audio book at our library and I can’t wait for it.

Jana @ Jana Says said...

I love everything TJR writes, even the older books that aren't as good as her most recent few. I'm glad you loved Evelyn, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...