-->

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The YAGP Experience

 


Last weekend was surreal!  YAGP (Youth American Grand Prix) was an amazing organization and we are grateful that Diana had the opportunity to experience this competition and organization.

 

Here is what the weekend looked like

 

Friday night we checked into our hotel- we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn near the DCU Center in Worcester....still a ghost town but we were focusing on the positive.

 

We took a selfie to send Daddy...


While we were in Worcester, Daddy and Pidge had a "Date Night" at "The 99s!" ;)

On our way to dinner, we spotted this billboard and found it so appropriate! Ha!

 

We headed to 111 Chop House with Dance Friends Lizzie and Judy






The girls got silly and entertained us




Back at the hotel and the silliness continued....for a little while anyway until we made the girls go to bed early!  They had a BIG day on Saturday!




Saturday morning ,we were up bright and early.  I set the alarm for 6am but Diana surprised me and was up before the alarm- that NEVER happens- ha!  She was nervous....excited and ready to get going!


She started by doing her hair...and then we got to work on her eyelashes.  Once that was done, I did her makeup and I was pleased with the way it came out...I was so nervous...I didn't want her to get deductions on my account- ha!


We then fastened her headpiece.  Once ready...we chilled for a little




Then it was time to meet up with Lizzie and Judy and head over to the theater.  The competition was at The Hanover Theater which was just BEAUTIFUL!



Miss Jackie, the Girls' Jazz and Hip Hop teacher met us there.  Mrs. Mullen isn't vaccinated yet and she was playing it safe but we were all grateful that Jackie could be there for us and especially for the girls to calm their nerves.



What impressed me the most when we got there was how professional and low key everyone was...they immediately calmed our nerves...I expected a crowd but I think due to COVID, many people decided to watch the comp virtually as YAGP was live streaming it on their website.


When it was time for Jackie to take the girls back stage to get warmed up, Judy and I found seats in the theater.  Again there were only a few people but I was so excited to be in a theater waiting for Diana to dance on stage again.  I got really choked up!



Jackie did a great job giving us glimpses of backstage and posting on the LDA Instagram account- yeah!






There were 14 numbers before Diana....I kept getting more and more nervous...not sure why since I didn't have to get up there...but the nerves were welcome...I haven't felt this way in over a year and it was refreshing!  Kate Mullen, Mrs. M's daughter and Diana's Acting Coach, taped her performance and sent it along to me...we are still waiting for the professional video but so glad we have this!




She did great!  She didn't place but we didn't expect her too....I was in awe of the dancers and the level of talent...it was amazing to watch....I cried..I shook and then Mrs. Mullen sent me a video of the dancers at home watching her and cheering her on...and the tears wouldn't stop at that point!





Backstage after...a pic thanks to Jackie!


 

After Lizzie danced, we headed out.  The girls got to say a quick hello and good luck to fellow dancer Caitlin so we snapped a few more pics!

 




 We grabbed brunch on the way home with Lizzie and Judy and then saw this sign....ahhhh...love it!

 


 When we got home Daddy was waiting with a big greeting and congrats!

 


 It was an amazing experience from start to finish and we are very grateful that Diana was given this opportunity and if you have a chance to check out YAGP...do it- incredible organization!

6 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

I love everything about this- your beautiful dancer getting to dance onstage at an amazing experience, all of the people in her life who have invested in her to make this possible including her dance teachers and of course including YOU who week after week get her to dance, pay for dance lessons and ALL the other costs, and arts organizations that make these experiences possible for our kids. I started tearing up just reading this because I know exactly how you felt when you saw Diana dancing on that stage. So many congrats to Diana!

My Glittery Heart said...

Such a fun weekend.

Natasha said...

This sounds like such a fun time and a great experience! And how wonderful to have all the support back home too!

Joanne said...

We love the Hanover and the 111 Chop House! We ALMOST went there Saturday night for our date night. Sounds like you had a really fun weekend.

Sunshine and Books said...

That looks like a great experience! Congratulations to Diana for putting herself out there and going for it! Her costume (outfit, I’m not sure what dancers call them) is totally gorgeous! I’m so glad you guys could go even with COVID!

aaadaa said...

Great post!
Best Fun Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...