-->

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Monthly Musings: Spring Traditions and Activities Edition

 





1. Do you celebrate Easter or Passover?  If so what are you traditions?

 

We celebrate Easter and it is my favorite time of the year in church....I like going to all of the masses and services during Holy Week and getting the full experience.  My favorite service, however, is "The Living Stations Of The Cross".  It is held outdoors and parishioners act out the Passion.  It is really special and due to COVID it was cancelled last year- I was devastated but just as excited this year when the director emailed me the good news that they will be holding this again this year- yeah!  Our whole family is going to come with us on Good Friday evening.  

 


We also have our annual traditions with my mom- we do our Easter baking and coloring of eggs on Holy Saturday 



 

and then we head to mass on Easter Sunday and I host the entire family for brunch- SO GRATEFUL everyone is able to attend this year- our parents are fully vaccinated- yeah!

 



2. Favorite Spring tradition?

I have a few: Celebrating my Mom's bday, celebrating my Father In Law's bday, celebrating Eva's birthday, celebrating Easter, planting our veggies and flowers and spending time on our deck....

 


and most of all attending our town's Annual Memorial Day Parade- another event cancelled last year that is making a comeback this year- yeah! (Our favorite part is watching Daddy march in the parade for school board)

 


 

3. What Spring Activities are our family involved in? 

Dance for the girls- this year Eva is also starting softball!  We try and cook on the grill more and spend as much time outdoors as possible!  Mama and Daddy starting to enjoy golf with friends again too- woohoo!



 

 4. What am I most looking forward to this Spring?

Feeling more normalcy- starting to travel and being around more people and hopefully on the professional side, seeing my colleagues again in person and visiting with clients and candidates 

 

 

5. Do we plant a garden/flowers?

We did for years but last year, when we put our pool in, we took down the garden and now we plant tomatoes and herbs and flowers on our deck and flowers in our front yard too! 

 



6. Do we decorate our house for spring?

 Usually not but slowing down this year, I decided to add some extra joy and we are decorated for Spring and Easter! :) 

 

 








 

7. Do I have a favorite spring meal?

I would say anything on the grill- more fish/seafood and once in awhile a grilled pizza 

 


 

8. Does it feel like Spring here in NH?

Yes...a little anyway...more daylight...more mild temps...and bringing out the flip flops so I am finding the joy and seeing spring...oh yeah and I started wearing my spring perfume too :) 

 

 


9. Will our spring look different this year due to COVID?

 

Only one change as far as I can see....the girls' end of year dance show is going to be a film...real bummer but hopefully that will be the end of filming and we can get back to live performances this summer...fingers crossed! 

 

 

10. Have I dined outside yet this Spring?

Not yet!  Definitely something to look forward to! 

 

 

Can't wait to read all about your Spring Traditions!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Natasha said...

My favourite weekend at church is Easter weekend too. There are so many meaningful services and the singing is my favourite. Yay that you get to have a more "normal" spring!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You have so many spring traditions and fun things to look forward to. I am so glad that Easter can be celebrated with family this year!

Memphis Bridges said...

I love your spring decorations and your spring plants! Thanks for the link up!

Rechelle said...

Oh I just love the touches of Easter/Spring around your home!

Good Better Best Food said...

I love your bunny baking photos!

Xoxo
Patty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

My Glittery Heart said...

I love that you get to host your whole family this year! I can't wait to plant my flowers and small garden. You know how much we love golf! Just wait to you see the spring bar cart! ;)

Joanne said...

All your spring decorations are so cute! I haven't put out anything spring/ Easter like this year.

Sunshine and Books said...

I love your spring traditions! I am hoping to golf a little more this spring/summer so I can be a little bit better and enjoy it more since my whole family loves it. Have a wonderful Holy Week,

natalie blair said...

I remember when I was little, my mom would get me the prettiest dress, create a beautiful basket and we'd watch the sunrise Easter morning at Jacksonville Beach. Well I don't live there anymore but I do create Easter baskets just like my mom did when I was little.

Jennifer White said...

I love your spring decorations. The pink wreath is beautiful! Pleasures is one of my favorite perfumes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...