-->

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tik Tok Pasta

 



So!  Knowing all of my blogging friends... I know how savvy you all are on Instagram...Tik Tok...well I have no clue..but this little phenomenon started on Tik Tok and made its way around all of the other social media platforms so I am pretty sure you have all seen one version of this dish or another.
 
It started with a blogger in Finland and got so many views that Finland started having a shortage of feta cheese- no joke!
 
As time went on, different influencers made their own changes to doctor up this dish i.e. added different veggies...added chicken and different kinds of cheese.
 
One of my favorite bloggers of all time, who now saves her content for Instagram only, tweaked the recipe and made it more kid friendly so I knew I needed to follow her guidance when I finally gave this a shot.
 
When I told the girls I was attempting this dish this past weekend, they got SO EXCITED...I still had to make a separate and more healthy dinner for Rob and me but I picked a Saturday when I knew I would have extra time.
 
The verdict?  It was ok...Diana liked it alot but is not interested in the leftovers and Pidge did not like it one bit so her dinner ended up being some leftover plain pasta with crusty bread....sigh....
 
I think half of the fun of making this was the silliness in the kitchen...Diana  made two Tik Tok videos to feature the dish and got Rob in on the action...while I cooked of course....
 
Video 1
 

 
 
Video 2
 

 
Even one of Diana's idols, Colleen Ballinger, got in on the action :)
 

 
So here is the recipe I followed...Thanks Mel!  Really miss you on The Larson Lingo but happy I get to catch your content on Instagram.
 
 
 
Ingredients
 

 
1 block Feta
 
1 package of Boursin Cheese (used garlic and herb flavored- this was Mel's recommendation to soften the harshness of the feta especially for kids' picky palates)
 
2 pints of cherry tomatoes
 
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
 
1/3 cup of olive oil
 
1-2 shakes of Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
 
1 pound of Large Rigatoni
 
Fresh Basil
 
 
 
Instructions
 
 


 In a 9x13 pan, put in the 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 1/3 cup of olive oil
 
Stir it all together
 
In the middle of the dish, add the block of feta and the block of boursin
 
Sprinkle with the TJ's Seasoning
 
Cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes
 
Cook pasta per package instructions and drain
 
Take cheese and tomato mixture out of the oven and stir it all up
 
Add the drained pasta to the dish
 
Stir and add fresh basil
 
Easy as that!  ENJOY!
 
 
Oh yea...and make Tik Tok videos to capture the magic ;)
 



 


10 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

How fun to make it together and make tic toks while you are doing it. I saw the recipe on IG, too- I have only seen tic toks on IG (or short videos on IG that seem like they could be tik toks? I don´t understand any of it, lol). We are not big tomato eaters so I don´t think we would like it but I was a bit intrigued when I heard how popular it was.

Natasha said...

This sounds delicious! I want to try it out without the TikTok part :)

Joanne said...

I bought all the ingredients to try this but already know my boys are probably not going to like it (I have one that doesn't even eat cheese!).. so I'm trying to come up with some ideas to make it less points for myself when/if I end up having to eat the whole dish.

Rechelle said...

SO so fun! I still need to try this Tik Tok pasta, sounds easy & yummy!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

I've seen so many people make this! Since I am not a fan of feta it's a pass for me. And I am sure my girls would have no interest in it whatsoever. Glad you had fun making it though!

My Glittery Heart said...

That looks really good!

Michael said...

The more important part is that you all joined in and had fun while doing this! :)

Jodi Walters said...

Hey Holly I just made it tonight but added shrimp and a little butter. It was so good. Joey had 3 helpings! Perfect for a Friday dinner during lent......:)
BTW....The book "After You" was good but a little too slow for me....
Have a wonderful weekend!

Holly said...

@Jodi adding shrimp sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing :) Thanks for the book suggestion too!

Shelbee on the Edge said...

Wherever the heck this dish originated, it looks absolutely fabulous! I pinned it to my meal planning board! I hopped over from the Encouraging Hearts and Home Blog Hop. Thank you for sharing this.

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...