-->

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine Love!

 


Hi Friends and Happy Valentine's Day!

I wanted to pop in today and share a few Valentine faves in hopes of bringing you some last minute inspiration...so here we go

 


 Heart A Day in February





This one I saw on a blog and decided to give it a shot this year....I didn't even think the girls would notice.  Each day of February, I write something I love about each one of them on a construction paper heart and tape it to their bedroom doors.  They were surprised the first day and got excited and now when I am late to get the hearts up, they ask me "are you doing a heart today?" They both (elementary schooler AND high schooler) LOVE this new tradition and that choked me up and warmed my heart so I guess this tradition will stay :)


Here are some of the things I wrote on their hearts:








 


 Valentine Boss Cookies


You can find my recipe HERE

I made these for the first time for my boss when he was promoted to President of our firm a few years back...he liked them and they were a hit at home...they are yummy and oh so festive :)

 


 

 

 

 


 Tulips

 

 

They brighten up the dark winter days AND they are so much better than roses if you ask me...I love this Valentine themed mix of Red, Pink and Purple...don't you?



 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your Place Or Mine?"

 

This new rom com just released on Netflix is the perfect, adorable movie for Valentine's Day...starring Reese Witherspoon and Ashton Kutcher...you really can't go wrong with this little gem








That Famous Amazon Sweater



Yup and for only $33, you can own it too...comes in a variety of colors and sizes...it is popular in our blogging world...I think over the last three years, we have all or at least most of us have snagged it :)

What are you waiting for?  You can grab it HERE

 


 

Well I hope that brings you a little bit of Valentine Cheer...these little things help to brighten up my February every year :)


 









8 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

The hearts on the door are precious and I can see how your girls have loved waking up and finding a new heart. These are the things they will remember and will remember over receiving "things." Those cookies look amazing. I will check out that recipe. Happy Valentines Day, friend!

Natasha said...

Okay, you have inspired me to start the hearts on the door tradition next year. In fact, I may mix it up and start it today until the end of February. Something to help beat those February blahs, right? I don't own the Amazon heart sweater but love it every time I see it. Again, I think I may have to get it. And those tulips are fantastic! I love the colours, and I highly agree, they're way better than roses!!!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love the hearts on their doors idea! I had a friend who did that too and I remember that her kids loved it as well. This was a fun thing to read today! I hope you have a great day, my friend!

Joanne said...

I did that "heart- attack" on the boys' doors when they were little and they loved it. Your cookies look delicious and I nearly wore that heart sweater today!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

Those cookies look so tasty! I really need to jump on that heart on the doors idea. I always forget then February rolls around and I don't get my act together.

Jennifer White said...

I did the hearts on the door when the kids were little. I should remember to do that next year...I know Hadley would appreciate it. I started Your Place or Mine yesterday, and am going to finish it today. So far, it's super cute. I have that sweater ...white with black heart. I got it last year, and still love it. I hope you all had a great Valentine's DAy.

Sunshine and Books said...

I have the blogger sweater too! It is pretty great! Mine’s white with the red heart. I did hearts on the doors for the first time this year and my guys loved it. I need to watch that movie. Happy Valentine’s Day!!

MandyJoyLoves♥ said...

Love your hand written hearts on the door! I want to watch that movie too, its on the list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...