-->

Monday, November 30, 2020

Scenes From Our Different Thanksgiving Weekend and Hello Monday!

 



Hello Friends and Hello Monday!  I wanted to share some scenes from our very different Thanksgiving Weekend...grateful that some of our traditions could continue....missed the Nutcracker terribly but found the joy in every day and grateful for my family and friends in my bubble...here is what it looked like....

 

 

Wednesday 

 

Breakfast with the Fourniers...a tradition they couldn't take away from us!

 

 




 

Fun Beverages for the Mamas too of course ;)



Homemade Treats from Besties- lovely surprise!





Wednesday Night


We were back with the Fourniers- they came over for dinner and we did Pasquale's Takeout...



 

Cass brought me Hallmark Wine!  I am never opening it- I will proudly display it every year :)



Thursday- Thanksgiving!



Rob got up with me and the birds so we could get our bird in the oven and get some things prepped....prepping "Tom" here...





Check out our silly shirts- ha!


Once the older kids all got here, we headed outside to snap some fun pics....we found our Christmas Card pic too... so happy to get that done and get our cards ordered!


Won't show you that one...but here is a nice "normal" family shot ;)




Then some of us did our very own "virtual" Turkey Trot...different but still felt great to start the day with exercise...Zach is always my "Trotting" partner....Ally, Diana and Rob joined us too while Pidge stayed back at the house with Kayla and Papa...


Snapped a shot at one of our favorite places....



After that, we all enjoyed breakfast together and I introduced the fam to the Hot Buttered Rum...it was a big hit!  When the older kids headed off to their Mom's...we continued to prep, got showered and dressed for the day...had to snap a few pics of course!






My parents and brother arrived and Papa came back upstairs so we could start with apps and cocktails (Lea's family ended up not being able to join us due to COVID exposure- we were so sad- I really missed her this weekend- we all agreed we would make up for it next year!)

 

Check this out...Diana at her first Thanksgiving and Diana at this Thanksgiving- both times with the turkey- she was not happy in the first one and the second one she showed off her acting skills ;)

 


 

The day was quiet and relaxing for the most part (after I shattered my most time-consuming and difficult side dish- butternut squash souffle- but such is life!)


Got a couple of more pics...




We ended the time with my parents by watching one of my favorite Hallmark Christmas movies in my office- The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year- loved it!  My Mom said you must LOVE this room- it is so cozy- I said I DO...it is my fave...I spend so much time in here and it makes me happy!

 

Later that night, the girls piled into our bed so we could partake in another Thanksgiving Night Tradition- watching our favorite Christmas Movie- Christmas Vacation- so fun!

 



 



Friday


Cass and I met first thing (Hello 5am!) for our Annual Black Friday tradition- sure we were a little nervous but we ended up not having anything to worry about- our first two annual stops are Starbucks and Old Navy and both were dead...

 

This was our 5th Annual Black Friday Adventure...we agreed that we will know exactly what year it was when we look back at this picture...sigh...


 

Then we got our scratch tickets and hit Christmas Tree Shop for our wrapping paper, stocking stuffers and such...and then headed to a new destination for breakfast- The Friendly Toast....it was amazing!!!! (We were way early so Tuscan wasn't open yet- that is where we usually go....I was wondering why we were so early and then remembered it was because we didn't have to stop home so I could do Nutcracker hair and makeup...oh pain in my heart!)


After breakfast, we headed across the parking lot to Trader Joe's and snagged a few treats and then we headed to a new destination for us this year...The Merrimack Outlets (instead of the mall- outside- more safe and I really dislike malls anyway!)


So glad we did....got some really good deals!  Picked out presents for ourselves too....hey we made it easy for our hubbies ;) (Thank you Marc Jacobs- ha!)





We wrapped up our day with lunch and our dessert (peanut butter cup martinis) at CD....we called it a success!




That night, the girls decorated the final tree in the house- their tree which now sits in our upstairs hallway- they were very proud!




Saturday


We started our day with our weekly date walk....my happy place!




and then Diana joined The Drive Family and met up with some besties at my gym for small group training....this kid never stops...wants to be in tip top shape and help her dancing...




After some errands, I met up with two of my besties for a quick celebratory cocktail to wish Bethany a Happy Birthday- she is the best!



That night, we were thrilled to peel through the Windham Magazine- so excited to have a huge article written about our Nutcracker Movie....we even got the cover with our beautiful Snow Queen....Diana made the inside shots too...so very exciting!





Sunday


It was all about mass, errands and getting organized for our week.....and maybe a nap or two....we needed it!  Though I didn't get to wrapping like I wanted to, I caught up on some reading and Pidge and I did a few CCD lessons....we enjoyed Thanksgiving leftovers and called it a great weekend!







Linking up for Hello Monday HERE


8 comments:

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

Sounds like a fun week, all things considered! Glad that you were still able to do some of the traditions you have in the past.

Andrea Nine said...

You cute little turkeys you! Cupcakes, wine and PB martinis, I am so in! Have a great start to your week!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

You are so good for continuing the Turkey Trot on! We had plans to do so but didn't get around to it. Glad you still had a fun Thanksgiving break!

Bri Runde said...

Oh, Holly, it looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! Love those t-shirts you and Rob are wearing Thanksgiving morning, LOL!! I have never seen Hallmark wine!!! I wouldn't open it if I were you either. Christmas Vacation is my favorite too. Have a great Monday!

Natasha said...

This does look like a great weekend! I love the Thanksgiving shirts (so cute!!!) and the throwback picture recreation with the turkey :)

Maria Rineer said...

What a great mix of rolling with new (Covid) punches and continuing with traditions that you were able to continue with. Love the Nutcracker pictures and you guys all looking cute in your Thanksgiving shirts and Turkey Trot ware.

Joanne said...

So much good food and time spent with family and friends. Those breakfast milkshakes are unbelievable. We love Christmas Vacation too but haven't watched it yet this year.

My Glittery Heart said...

I ordered the same wine!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...