-->

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Hot Buttered Rum Cider

 

 

 


 

 Friends I have an amazing recipe for you today.  Our friend Shelley made this for Halloween and since it was so cold up here in New England...it truly helped to warm our insides!  It was so so delicious and buttery and so good I was obsessed after the first sip!  I have decided to make it for Thanksgiving...in the morning to help warm up after our Turkey Trot and later in the day when everyone is getting sleepy after an amazing turkey dinner.


Shelley kept hers hot in a carafe...I think I will do the same or even keep it hot in our slow cooker.  You need to make this....I guarantee love at first sip!

 

Ingredients

Half-gallon (64 ounces) apple cider
1 stick (1/2 cup)unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dark Rum (or Apple Brandy)
Cinnamon sticks (optional)
 
 

Instructions

Bring the apple cider to a simmer over medium heat in a large pot, then turn the heat down to low. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Continue stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
Ladle the buttered cider into mugs. Top each drink off with a shot of rum and garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Serve hot.
 
 
 
 
Linking up with Joanne and the Crew for Encouraging Hearts and Home HERE

3 comments:

Bri Runde said...

Ohhh, thanks for sharing, Holly! I need to ask my MIL & FIL if they'd like this and we can have it on Thanksgiving too.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

This drink sounds like fall perfection!! Would be perfect for the next cool and cozy night at home.

Natasha said...

I have a hot apple cider with bourbon recipe I got from a friend and love. If I liked rum, I'd definitely try this because it sounds really good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...