-->

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Applesauce Jumbles

 




Well this wasn't a post I had planned but after sharing our Thanksgiving Menu the other day, I had some requests for my Mom's Applesauce Jumble recipe so here we go!



These cookies are PERFECT for Thanksgiving and PERFECT for Fall in general....they are the perfect mix of Fall spice and sweetness AND chocolate too....



I am not a big pie person so if I can squeeze in an ounce of dessert on Thanksgiving, I will always go for one of these...hope you make them and enjoy....please let me know!


Cookies

 

Ingredients


2 and 3/4 Cups of Flour

1 tsp. Salt

3/4 Cup of Applesauce

2 Eggs

1/4 tsp. cloves

1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)

1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup shortening

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. vanilla

1 6 ounce package of chocolate chips


Instructions

 

Heat oven to 375.  Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.  Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 10 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched with finger.  Immediately remove from baking sheets; cool. Spread with Glaze- Recipe Below


Brown Butter Glaze

 

Ingredients

1/3 Cup Butter

2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar

1 and 1/2 tsp of Vanilla

2-4 Tbls Hot Water


Instructions

Heat butter over low heat until golden brown.  Remove from heat.  Blend in sugar and vanilla and then stir in hot water until spreading consistency.  (This glaze tastes just like cream cheese frosting!)


Makes 4 and 1/2-5 dozen cookies!


Enjoy!

 


 


10 comments:

Bri Runde said...

I am chuckling at your first sentence because it's similar to what I said in my post this morning too. :) THANK YOU for sharing this cookie recipe!!! I was hoping you would! I CAN'T WAIT to make these!

Rechelle said...

Oh my goodness these sound unique and so yummy! Hoping to make some soon :)

Natasha said...

I am so making these! Maybe even this weekend to eat while watching Hallmark movies with Rachel :)

Maria Rineer said...

I want to make these soon! They sound so good. Thanks for the recipe. You have the BEST recipes!!

Joanne said...

These sound delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with us. Pinned.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Wow these look so delicious! I think I have every ingredient on hand, so I will need to give them a try!

Natasha said...

Just so you know, I made these last night and they are DELICIOUS!!! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!!

Emily said...

Hi! Natasha shared your cookie recipe so I am making them today. Is it one 6oz bag of chocolate chips or a 16 oz bag of chocolate chips?

Holly said...

HI Emily! Thanks for letting me know- going to fix that- it is one bag so it is actually 12 oz. of chocolate chips! Hope you enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a bit confused ? Is 12 oz of chocolate chips the correct amount ? The recipe says a 6 oz package. I hope you respond because I want to make these asap. They sound delicious!! Thank you for sharing .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...