-->

Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Favorites- Halloween Fun Edition



So....our Halloween season is not over here...the class parties happened BUT due to heavy rain and winds, Trick Or Treating was postponed until tomorrow..surprising?  Nope...not in these parts..but kinda glad for it to be on a Sat night so we can stay up later and live it up- ha!


As always, joining the lovely ladies for Friday Favorites and sharing some of our faves from this week HERE


My Dramatic Dancer

Love this crazy girl and the pictures she makes me take!




Pointe Shoes


Speaking of my dancer, her ribbons needed to be re-sewed again so what better time to do it than in the car pickup line...am I right?  Disclaimer: this is the extent of my sewing skills...will never get better than this- ha!





One More Dance Fave

I promise this is the last one this week.  Monday night, I got to watch Diana's Contemporary Dance as they performed their Halloween Dance.  It was based on Bird Box and was so cool!  



and the girls hugging their contemporary teacher Miss Kayla after- they just love her





Carving Jack-O-Lanterns


We had a blast carving our Jack-O-Lanterns.  Eva got really into it this year!  










Eva's Halloween Party


I lucked out and the Kindergarten Halloween Parties were at lunchtime so I could chaperone again...heart is full!  My little Pidge just cracks me up...I could just squish her...it was so fun to watch her decorate pumpkins, make a mask and get mummified :)





My Little Jo Jo Siwa- we will add a blonde wig for Trick-Or-Treating tomorrow night too :)












Spooky Supper


So with no Trick-Or-Treating last night, Plan B ensued and we enjoyed a "Spooky Supper" at Merrill Tavern with some Halloween cocktails for Mama and Daddy- here is my "Witches Brew Cosmo" complete with a spider and an eyeball- eek!  So much fun :)  We couldn't go wrong- kids ate free if they dressed up so the girls gladly put on their costumes and we rallied!








 Fun Run


So last but not least, I have to brag a little about our Fun Run this week.  I took a vacation day on Tuesday to make this happen and so glad I did.  I managed this fundraiser for our school district- it was a huge risk but our returns were incredible.  I just found out that we cleared 50k- 50k!  We (The PTA) can do so many more things for our schools now and I couldn't be happier.  I have to give most of the credit to the Boosterthon company.   They were wonderful and did most of the work for us.  I merely managed communication and the volunteers and it was a huge success all around.  Even when our weather got dicey, they were able to execute plan B and quickly.  


Our first two runs were outside....

Mrs. Martin, one of our Principals, always rallies and gets the kids all fired up- true gem!






and then when it started pouring, we had to move the rest of the runs inside.  The Boosterthon team along with our volunteers got the gym set up for Glow Runs and the day went on!  The kids all had a ball....



I even got to squeeze my Little Eva who was so fired up, she ran about 40 laps!  Ha ha!!


That's a wrap!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...you know where we will be tomorrow night...just look for the golf cart decorated in purple lights as we finally get Trick Or Treating in! 

1 comments:

Rechelle said...

OH my goodness, Halloween postponed?!?! Sounds much better weather & timing wise :) That fun run makes me want to run, congrats on raising big money!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...