-->

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Enlightened Chili





So....I mentioned last week that this recipe is a definite fave.  My friend Kathy and her mom make this every fall...it is a yummy and healthier chili and I had to get my hands on this recipe.


So in honor of my 6 year "Friendaversary" with Kathy...I finally made it myself and wanted to share the recipe with all of you.

This was us a few weeks ago at a Halloween party....

 and this was us back in 2015 :)


So...back to the chili...

It is easy...and so delish..hope you try and enjoy too!

Here is what you will need...


 3 tbls Olive Oil
2 cups butternut squash- peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks 
3lbs ground turkey

 ½ cup smoky barbeque sauce
3 tbls Chili Powder
1 tbls Ground Cumin 
           
2 tbls Worcestershire Sauce
Hot sauce to taste 
     1 onion, minced 
 2 red peppers, chopped
2 cups dark beer
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups canned pinto beans- drained 
 2 cups frozen corn, thawed


and here is how you bring all the deliciousness together....

Warm 1 tbls oil in skillet on high heat. Add squash and saute.  Transfer to large pot.  Return skillet to heat; add remaining oil and turkey.  Brown and add to squash.
 Add next 10 ingredients (don’t add corn). Stir, place pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and lower heat. 

Cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add water if necessary to get the consistency you want.  


Add corn, stir, and remove from heat.


Spoon into bowls 



 Try it...you will thank me!


1 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

What a perfect recipe for this time of year. I love butternut squash. Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...