-->

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tuesday Talk: These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things Edition: February 2019



So today is Tuesday Talk with Erika and Ashley.  The time, each month, that we can talk about anything and everything we want!  Linking up with the lovely ladies HERE

 In January, I talked about my Favorite Reads in 2018.  You can read that post HERE

This month, I decided to share some recent faves- general faves- all around faves.  I haven't done one of these posts in awhile and felt inspired to share...so here goes nothing...


Would love to hear your faves too of course :)






Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi


Friends?  To die for!  Healthy and low calorie- I make one package for my hubby and me to split.  The first time we had them, I put homemade meat sauce on them.  The second time I mixed them with grilled chicken- both times- delish!


Lilly Pulitzer Golf Collection

Yep they did it!  Everything is adorable!  Such a temptation...let's see how strong I can stay ;)










Coco Cabana Cream

Friends?  Cass recommended this one...she said you won't believe the smell and she was right!  It not only smells like coconut but it almost smells like coconut and buttered popcorn or coconut and marshmallow- unreal!  Even better, it goes on like silk and adds such moisture to your skin- so glad I was able to snag this before our trip...it is unbelievable!  You can find it at Sephora!







PTA Reflections Winners!


So Diana and her pal Lucy became the 1st place winners for the State of NH in the National PTA Reflections Contest, for the category of "Dance Choreography"...we can't wait to celebrate them at a reception in early March.  So proud!







Favorite Clothes


As you know, clothing is one of my passions.  I have been so excited packing for this trip (Punta Cana next week) because most of my shopping happened in my very own closet.  Things I purchased years ago and never fit into, now fit and I couldn't be happier....bathing suits, cover ups, shorts....just so exciting and emotional.  I will be detailing my daily outfits on my trip and will probably do one big "What I Wore Wednesday" post when we get back.  In the meantime, I am going to share some recent faves that aren't for this trip but for the upcoming Spring months here in New England!

One of my favorite Instagram bloggers is Mrs. Preppy Rebel.  She puts together the cutest outfits and loves Lilly the way I do.  This outfit that she shared this weekend is a must-wear!  I snagged the top and sweater on Amazon and COULD NOT BELIEVE the prices!  Check her out on Instagram and if you like this outfit, you won't believe how cheap!  I am going to put it all together for a comfy yet preppy and stylin' look!




On Sunday we went to brunch with some friends from town and I put on this black dress and paired it with snake skin pumps and turquoise jewelry.  I liked the way it came together and figure it is another great look for work too!


and this Banana Republic Top was irresistible....had to snag it AND I got it in a MEDIUM I may add- thrilling! :)  I plan on pairing it with white jeans and regular jeans- probably boot cut for both!






Bubbles and Jazz Brunch at Wentworth By The Sea

So Wentworth By The Sea is a Marriott property not far from us.  It is in a town called New Castle (right next to Portsmouth- my favorite town in America)..and anyway..it is on the water and just beautiful.  Our friends invited us to a special brunch they were having this past weekend as part of the NH Winter Wine Festival- they featured LaMarcca Prosecco in the bottomless mimosas- so fun!
The food was incredible- the decor exquisite- and the company...so much fun!















My Girls- Now and Always- Living through their eyes


(1st time bowling for Pidge!)







Boston...Even In Winter





Steamahs...again...even in Winter!




Nothing Breaks Like a Heart

My new favorite song- what do you think? I think Miley sounds like a cross between Cher and Stevie Knicks- haunting song- love it!



What are some of your faves?

8 comments:

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Holly you look fabulous -- awesome job sticking to your plan!! I keep hearing about the TJ gnocchi but I have yet to get it! I've seen so many good recipes using the gnocchi.

Holly said...

Thank you so much Jaclyn! XO

Sunshine and Books said...

I am impressed with your restraint! I may have purchased a pair of shorts and a skipper popover from the Honda Classic pop up print. And I may be sitting here with a skort in my Lilly suitcase just waiting to hit checkout. Have so much fun in Punta Cana! Can't wait to see all your Lilly!

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

So much goodness in this post Holly. I love all the tops you found and oh my gosh at the Lilly golf stuff! I need to stay away...but I don't want to! I hope you have a great week!

Lisa said...

So much goodness packed in here! You look great, Holly!!! Punta Cana! I've always wanted to go. We have friends who would vacation there and they LOVED it. Okay, I'm going to give the cauliflower gnocchi another try. I bought it once and made it like the package said, but it was a disgusting lumpy gross mess. Is there a secret? Help me out. Have the best day cutie!!! XO

Holly said...

@Lisa- too funny! I followed the instructions on the package for the pan-seared option- 1/4 cup water for 6-8 minutes (covered) then 2 tbls olive oil for five minutes, uncovered- that helped to make them a little crispy :)

Rebecca Jo said...

cauliflower gnocchi sounds amazing. I love gnocchi. It's just so filling & hearty.

Mrs. Preppy Rebel said...

Hi! I just came across your blog & shout out! Thank you xox
Ashley Barkan
Mrs. Preppy Rebel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...