-->

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Let's Look: Favorite Reads Edition



The first Wednesday of the month is when we link up with Erika and Shay.  For 2019, they have created the series "Let's Look" and there are fun themes each month.  Linking up HERE


This month, we are talking Favorite Reads


I decided to share a few reads, from the past few years, which have become some favorites as well as some Daily Devotionals and Authors that I am currently enjoying too!

 One of my faves in 2017 and again in 2018 was Class Mom by Laurie Gelman (Gelman the Producer's Wife!) Hysterical- Laughed the whole way through- both times I read it and felt that it is so perfect for this season in my life- If you are a mom and you like to volunteer, you MUST READ this one....she says everything you wish you could say!!  :)




Sophia Of Silicon Valley by Anna Yen was the one I named my FAVE read of 2018!  Sophia is a young workaholic and the story follows her during her early career...it made me flash back a lot to when I was starting out in our industry in my 20's and made me chuckle..I was so sad when this one was over and STILL think about it all the time!



Night Road By Kristin Hannah was haunting!  It follows the story of a mom/family of twins and shows the trials and tribulations of raising high school children...I devoured this book AND learned so much....and this was our Book Club's very first read.  It was a definite winner and again, just haunting!





It is no secret that Elin Hilderbrand is my favorite author.  When I met her the first time, she said that her favorite book to write was The Blue Bistro.  Well it ended up being one of my faves of hers and of all time...nothing beats a love story...set in a restaurant ON Nantucket....just perfection!





and while I am on Hilderbrand, I highly recommend reading her Winter Street Series- four books- AND do it during the holidays...I whipped through all four during the month of December 2017!



If you have been reading the blog for awhile, you know I also incorporate daily devotionals into my life.  The ones I am currently working my way through are.....

Dear Jesus by Sarah Young




and Sacred Reading- 2019 Guide to Daily Prayer
(really does a great job of breaking down the meaning behind the Bible passages)





What are you reading?  I always love getting your recommendations and building them into my reading list!


9 comments:

Sunshine and Books said...

Great books!! I need to read Amy of Silicon Valley. I just finished an ARC of You’ve Been Volunteered by Laurie Gelman and it’s sooo funny!! Jen Dixon is back and funnier than ever!! Have a super day!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

That Kristin Hannah book sounds so good! All good suggestions!

Holly said...

Sarah! Thanks for letting me know- I just pre-ordered it! Wish I didn't have to wait for July :)

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

Oh I am adding ALL of these to my list! How have I never read Class Mom? Thank you for sharing Holly!

Tanya said...

I also absolutely loved Class Mom. So funny! I just clicked over to my library and reserved the Silicon Valley book. Thanks so much for the recommendations! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Brittany Snyder said...

I LOVE Kristin Hannah, Firefly Lane will always be one of my favorites! I'm adding Class Mom to my Good Reads, as well as Amy of Silicon Valley! You always have the best recs, what books are you packing with for your trip!?

Andrea Nine said...

Even though I am past my room mom days, I have so been wanting to read Class mom! Fun reads here girlfriend!

Holly said...

Brittany! I am just starting to plan books for our trip- I just downloaded "Cancel The Wedding" By Carolyn Dingman (recommended by a blogger friend)- any other great suggestions? :)

Brittany Snyder said...

Did we already talk about the "To All the Boys I've Ever Loved" trilogy? I have also heard awesome things about the auto bio. Educated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...