-->

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Tuesday Talk: Top 2018 Reads Edition




It's the first Tuesday Talk of 2019!  Linking up with Erika and Ashley HERE 

This is the fun linkup when we get to talk about anything and everything so here it goes....


Since I never did a recap of the books I read in 2018, I thought I would share them with you today AND list my Top 5 for faves.....

Here is what my reading looked liked last year (The Titles in Bold Red are my Top 5 for the year and I will share some thoughts below:

January-  The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand
                A Stranger In The House by Shari Lapena
      The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
          Night Road by Kristin Hannah

Feburary-     The Blue Bistro- Elin Hilderbrand
                    Mrs. Fletcher- Tom Perrotta

March-          Truly, Madly, Guilty- Liane Moriarty
        Class Mom- Laurie Gilman
                 


April-          The Family Next Door- Sally Hepworth
                  Girl Wash Your Face- Rachel Hollis

May               The Flight Attendant- Chris Bohjalian

June          The Identicals- Elin Hilderbrand

July              The Perfect Couple- Elin Hilderbrand
               The UnDomestic Goddess- Sophie Kinsella

August         Sophia of Silicon Valley- Anna Yen
                  All We Ever Wanted- Emily Giffin

September   When Life Gives You Lululemons- Laura Weisberger

October     The Other Woman- Sandie Jones
             Confessions Of A Domestic Failure- Bunmi Laditan

November        Wild Talk- Dani Antoinette

December     An Island Christmas- Nancy Thayer

  

Night Road- Kristin Hannah

This was heart-wrenching and yet so compelling and I felt that this story was preparing me on how to raise my kids during those high school years...how your mistakes can lead to their mistakes and how to deal with the aftermath and tragedy...ugh...anyway, I could not put this book down and really learned some things that I hope I remember in a few years!



The Blue Bistro- Elin Hilderbrand

Since Elin is my favorite author anyway, this one isn't a surprise.  When I went to visit her and meet her last year in Boston, someone from the crowd asked her what her favorite book was that she wrote and this was the one.  I remember getting home and being more motivated than ever to finish the Winter Street Series (especially around the holidays) so I could start The Blue Bistro ASAP.  It was everything and more...it had the Nantucket backdrop that is so craved in her stories...it had the quintessential love story that I need AND it all took place in a restaurant and her descriptions of food and the island fare are second to none so it had everything I needed.  This was definitely by favorite Hilderbrand novel thus far!

  

Sophia Of Silicon Valley- Anna Yen

This friends...was my favorite book of the year...I was so sad when it was over.  I saw myself in Sophia as a young professional...it made me flash back and reminded me of my "Workaholic Ways"....I laughed...I cried and I devoured this book.....I still reminisce about it and that is how I know it was my favorite of the year!



The Other Woman- Sandie Jones

This was a thriller with a MAJOR TWIST at the end...never saw it coming....so so good and exciting to read and I love when stories incorporate weddings (my fave of all time)...highly recommend!



Confessions of a Domestic Failure- Bunmi Laditan

OH friends I laughed throughout this one....so cute...a little far- fetched in spots but loved listening to this narrative and it reminded me of all the things we beat ourselves up about as wives and moms.....how so many people can make us feel imperfect on line and in real life....and how we can overthink those things...I was laughing because some of the blogger characters in this story remind me of some bloggers I have read too and it is just too funny to read  some of the similarities!




There ya have it!  My reads for 2018 and my top picks!  I hope you get some new ideas from my list.  I get so many wonderful reading tips from you.  Happy Reading!

5 comments:

Brittany Snyder said...

LOVE reading book recs, I added so many of these to my GoodReads! Kristin Hannah is a favorite author of mine too, I need to read that one, I also read Confessions of a Domestic Failure, so cute and fun. Thanks for sharing so many great titles :)

Rechelle said...

An excellent year of reading!! I too loved The Blue Bistro when I read it a couple years ago :)

Sarah Parsons said...

I loved The Blue Bistro too! I have The Other Woman sitting on my nightstand to read soon. And thanks for the recommendations - I added Sophia and Confessions to my Want to Read Goodreads list. Have a super day!

Tractors and Glam Blog said...

I need to get my hands on some of these books. I have never read an Elin Hilderbrand book...I think I need to change that. Hahaha! I also want to read Class Mom and Confessions of a Domestic Failure because of your recs. I love the list Holly!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Impressed with all that you read in 2018! I need to do a better job of keeping track of what I read...I always forget!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...