-->

Monday, August 29, 2016

Let's Talk- FALL!


I am joining Andrea and Erika for their monthly link up "Let's Talk!" This month their topic is Fall.
I have mixed emotions about participating in this as I am still enjoying summer here in New England (my favorite season) but I couldn't help get excited when I started thinking about all of the things I love about Fall.  So....here goes nothing!
Linking up with the gals HERE 

Fall Fashion
I think Fall is the best season for fashion here in New England- the layers- the rich fabrics- the jewel tones- the plaid and the boots- it is really fun to put outfits together.  Here are a few of my favorite fall outfits that I "pinned" on Pinterest




Fall Recipes
Is there anything better than a warm dinner on a cold fall night? I have so many recipes to share and you can find them on my recipes tab on the home page.
One of my favorite fall traditions is having "Risotto Night" with my bestie Cass.  I make an "Autumn Chicken and Squash Risotto" and I love when Cass asks for more.  (as you probably already know, I love to feed people and it is the biggest way I show my love)
You can find that recipe HERE 

and a few other favorite Fall recipes include
The Pumpkin Cheese Ball- love bringing this to parties and LOVE that it calls for Doritos
Find the recipe HERE 

Pan Seared Scallops with Champagne Grapes and Almonds.  I made it for the first wine group I hosted two years ago.  Something about the grapes screams Fall to me- it is an elegant starter or even a wonderful main dish with salad
Find the recipe HERE 

and for the kiddos, there is nothing better to serve on Halloween Night than Mummy Dogs!
Find the recipe HERE 

Fall Activities
Since having kids, I can honestly say that Fall Activities have become so much more fun
Apple picking, pumpkin picking, festivals and fairs...you name it.
Some of our favorites include:
The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence RI

The Milford Pumpkin Festival in Milford NH

and for Mama and Daddy, The Turf Bash Fundraiser at Searles Castle right in our little home town



There you have it!  Some of my fall favorites.  If you don't mind though, I am going to basque in the glow of our wonderful summer...enjoy some more golf time...beach time....outdoor time for as long as I can! 

1 comments:

Kristi G said...

Love all that fall fashion- I've been looking for a utility vest like the green cargo one you posted! So cute!! Love all your fall traditions as well :)

https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...