-->

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Back To School Meal Planning

So, as much as I LOVE LOVE Summer, since having kids, I have grown to LOVE Fall so much too.  I think Fall activities are Oh...So...Fun
I love the pumpkin carving, apple picking, warm recipes, foliage peeping, cheering, football, festivals...all things spooky....and more.....

This year, after being inspired by several of my blogger friends, I have decided to take a crack at meal planning.  We loosely meal plan in our house but often get into ruts.

Robby B and I have decided that I will come up with the weekly meal plan on Saturday or Sunday, before we go grocery shopping.  We will then list our meals out on the chalkboard and go from there.  We will split cooking duties depending on my office days and stay organized.  We are also hoping to get our girls more adventurous with trying new things.  Well truth be told, it is really just working on Diana.  Eva tries everything! :)

Below is going to be our schedule.  I have included a recipe with each category in case you want to give something similar a try!  Let me know what you think!

Meatless Monday
How about the ever popular Veggie Frittata?  Great way to sneak in those veggies
Great recipe HERE


Taco Tuesday
What kid doesn't love tacos?  And with the invention of Pinterest, parents can get in on this action in a more creative, gourmet and even healthy way!

How about Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos?  My mouth is watering!  Find a great recipe HERE 
* I will make the tacos for Rob and me with grain free tortillas- For the Win!
A Health Coach in town continues to inspire me and provides me with many suggestions for overall health.
Grain free tortillas are just one of the food items she enjoys- I ordered some and friends they are great!
Check them out HERE

Pasta Worthy Wednesday
Friends!  This is the easiest way to sneak in veggies to a meal!  If you and your kids prefer a red sauce, you can hide broccoli, peas, carrots and more.
With a white sauce or even oil and garlic, you have to get a bit more creative.  My girls do love raw veggies and salad so I would give them those on the side if I don't end up "hiding the peas".
My girls love pasta and they love chicken.
I am going to give this recipe a shot!

Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair
I will replace the angel hair with veggies or zoodles for Robby B and me :)
You can find the recipe HERE

 Any Thing Thursday
One of Diana's requests is to have a "Breakfast for Dinner" night.  We agreed that it is a great idea but Rob and I did not want to commit to that every week.  He came up with "Any Thing Thursday" so we could incorporate Breakfast For Dinner, Crock pot Recipes, Food on the Grill...you name it!

How about Baked Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal?  Sounds delish right?
Check it out HERE 

Friday Night Pizza Night
This is a tradition that we plan on continuing- this can include our favorite take-out pizzas, homemade pizzas or even the ones we make thanks to Blue Apron!  This is our favorite night of the week and pizza is an easy one for decompressing!

One of my faves to make is pizza on the grill.
 My original post is HERE
It includes my favorite Pioneer Woman recipe for her Fig Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula but also shows you some pics of the grilled pizzas I made for the guys that same night
 We do this often in the summer
At the same time, we are big fans of Capri Pizza in Windham so you will find us doing their pizza more often than not!

Weekends are for leftovers, low key grab and go's and nights out!  I hope this weekly meal planning will keep us organized and less stressed about getting creative.  Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...