-->

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Photos By Kristina Mearls

The Windham MOMS club has been such a wonderful organization to be part of.  I joined when Diana was about 1.  At that time, most of the events were held during my work hours and I could not partake.

There was 1 mom however, who reached out to me and wanted to work around my schedule so we could start a play group with our girls.  I will never forget it.

As a result, when Diana was 18 months old, I was walking into a stranger's house, holding her hand.  Jill opened the door and welcomed us in.  Little Alice was so excited to meet a new friend.  Diana and Alice completely hit it off that first day.  Jill happened to be pregnant with Ben.  To make a long story short, the rest is history.

The girls have been besties since and the bonus is that I gained a bestie too.  Jill now has 5 kids and we now have two.

After Diana out grew the MOMS club activities, I dropped my membership.  Once Eva was born,  two years ago, I re-joined so she could meet some other little ones in town.  We have been able to attend more activities over this last year.  I have noticed,  though, all of the kids that are at the play groups and events now are boys!  It is too funny.  Eva has been the only girl.  Regardless, we have had fun.

Last week, there was a Mommy and Me photo session event.  It only cost us $20 and our money went to the Pan Mass Challenge Bruins team who raises money for cancer.  Photos+ Charity= For The Win.  (Coincidentally two of my friends were on this team this year and they rode with our photographer!)

Sorry, I digress.  Anyway, it was a beautiful, sunny Summer day and we met the photographer at Benson's Park at lunch time.

You never know what you are going to get with a two year old.  She was a bit cranky as we had to wake her up from her nap AND she was insistent on snacking on goldfish but other than that, she was great!

Both of my girls were great actually and Kristina Mearls did a BEAUTIFUL job.  When I got the pictures yesterday, I teared up.  I was so happy.  I never thought we would get pictures this lovely.  I have always wanted to do pics like these and always put them off because I am never completely happy with myself.  The charity got me this time so I could not say NO and so glad I didn't.

Here are the shots she captured. 












0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...