-->

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Hello Monday on Tuesday (September 8, 2026)

 




I wanted to officially share this announcement on my blog...it has been an exciting few weeks in these parts...

 


 

On August 27, 2026, Merrimack Athletics officially announced that Merrimack College Cheerleading is being elevated from a club sport to a VARSITY sport beginning THIS academic year, 2026–27.

So this isn't something they're considering for the future. It is happening now.

What Merrimack announced

Athletic Director Joe Foley said the change reflects Merrimack's desire to give cheerleaders greater resources, opportunities, recognition and support as part of the athletic department. He specifically noted how important the cheerleaders have become as ambassadors for Merrimack and to the game-day experience.

The team will continue its major roles:

  • Cheering Warrior football at Duane Stadium
  • Cheering men's and women's basketball at Lawler Arena
  • Traveling to the Metro Basketball Championships in Atlantic City
  • Competing at NCA College Nationals in Daytona Beach

And Merrimack isn't elevating a program that is just getting started competitively. The cheer team was the 2025 NCA Division I Runner-Up and also reached the finals in NCA D1 Intermediate and Game Day.

 

Diana is absolutely pumped and we are so excited for her! 

 

This is a pic of when she face-timed us to tell us...we had to stay quiet until the college made the official announcement- we were all thrilled and she was quite emotional...glad we could share it together!


 and with her biggest fan at her first ever college game!


 

 I also wanted to say that Blogger was having issues late last week and although I read all of my favorite blogs, I wasn't allowed to comment...maybe it's just me but let me know if you had trouble too...just know I will comment when I am allowed to! :)

 

Ok...back to our weekend...

 

Friday Night

 

Lea got me this shirt- reppin' my 52!  Go Brooks!

 

It was time for the first WHS Football Game of the season.  Brook's Fan Club was in the house.  We enjoyed pre-gaming at the Cavern Pub and then went to the game down the road in Pembroke.  The JAGS pulled off a win 31-28.  It was a "nail bitah" as we say in New England-so so fun!

 





 


 

Saturday

 

We were up bright and early and I headed down to Merrimack to pick up Diana and her friend from home.  We brought her friend home and then headed to our Starbucks for coffee and catch up.  She then wanted to come by the house to see the fam AND Remi :)  Eva was so excited as was Remi...she said...ahhh it feels so good to walk around where this is "space!" Too funny :)


 

 



After saying HI to everyone, I brought her back to school so she could continue her fun long weekend.
 
At home, I was able to take a little nap then the rest of us headed down to my parents.  My Mom spoiled us with a beautiful dinner to celebrate my brother's and my birthdays.  It was such a great night!
 





 
Sunday


We were up bright and early again!  We headed to mass and then it was softball all day in Mason, NH.  We enjoyed watching the first two games of the season with Eva's new Club Team.  She loves these girls and is actually playing with older girls this season- some already in high school- eek!
 
 


On our way home, Diana asked if we could pick her up as there wasn't much going on, on campus that night.  She was already planning on being with us on Monday so just thought she would sleepover and sneak some extra time in.  So we picked her up.  



Papa took the girls out for dinner while Rob and I headed out to dinner with Cass and Steve- another great night!

 



 

 Monday

 

Labor Day!  Our little fam headed up to the beach- my happy place!  It was only the 2nd time I got there all summer but it was the perfect day- the weather was beautiful- the waves were huge and the sun felt incredible!

 









 On our way home, we stopped at Markey's for our first "steamahs" of the season...it was such the perfect day!

 





 

We dropped Diana off and said seeyah soon!  When we got home, Rob headed out to do the grocery shopping for me...Pidge chatted with friends and I watched some tv until it was time for bed.  It was a wonderful long weekend!  What were you all up to?

 

 

 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...