It was another record-breaking year....to say I am proud and relieved and is understatement...we did it!
I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking...here we go
On August 26th, a few of us decorated the Bulletin Boards at WMS and Center Schools in the wee hours of the morning!
Tee Shirt Sorting on Sunday September 13th
It took us 5 Hours to sort, package up and alphabetize
On Thursday the 17th, the WHS Soccer Team played their Blackout Game and scored a big BLACKOUT WIN!
On Sunday September 20th, we held our Opening Ceremony at Letizio Tower- Hayden sang for us- we said the Pledge of Allegiance and The Pediatric Cancer Flag was raised along with the American Flag and the NH Flag- always one of my favorite events
Then I grabbed the mums for the week!
On Monday the 21st, we held our Tee Shirt Pick up from 3-8pm at the WHS Cafe- it was exhausting but fun and productive. I had pizza sent in for our volunteers. The time really did fly by!
and WHS Field Hockey had a nice BLACKOUT WIN!
On Tuesday the 22nd, the Honored Family Tent was put up! FTW!
Also on Tuesday, The WHS Cross Country Team hosted their very first Blackout Meet!
That night, we debuted our "Traveling Raffle Baskets" at Common Man from 4-7 pm. We also sold some extra shirts we had available!
On Wednesday, WHS Golf hosted their Blackout Match and WHS Volleyball hosted their Blackout Games too!
and we hosted Ladies Night at Friendly Reds in Hudson for the first time ever and it was a smashing success!
On Thursday, Ann, Jess and I sold some leftover tee shirts at WHS during the lunch periods for those students who missed out on the sale
That night Rob, Dave and Jamie put up all of our banners- it was Blackout Eve! The banners of our honored children and title, tee and GOLD sponsors go up at the high school!
I ran around delivering a few last minute tees but was able to enjoy dinner with Eva (after her cross country meet which I attended) and went to bed early to rest up for our big day!
Friday- The Big Day!
I took Eva and her besties to Revitalize (one of our sponsors) for their special Blackout Teas! While there, we spotted so many Blackout TEES already so I had to snap some pics!
and then started getting pics all day of everyone in their shirts- warms my heart!
Love getting to the field early to admire the work of so many people and get decorating...
with Jon, our AD
Family Flowers RTG thanks to A&A
Food Vendors Arriving
Our Honored Families Tent thanks to Access Tent
The Honored Children Banners are one of my favorite parts of Blackout- last year Natalie was at Boston Children's and couldn't be there...this year she is in remission and she was able to attend with her whole family in tow...that made me cry hard at halftime :/ Happy Tears...Happy Tears!
If you build it...they will come...and they truly did...over 5,000 of them!
Sound Check with our Singer Evie
Bethany and I were interviewed by WMUR and afterwards, I started getting still shots and the video from friends...hate hearing myself but SO HAPPY for the exposure it gave BLACKOUT :)




















































































































































0 comments:
Post a Comment