-->

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

What's Up Wednesday (May 2023)

 





Hi Friends! Ummm...yes this is my favorite post and link up of the month BUT how are we already at the end of May?  Seriously?  I love to savor my favorite months and I feel this one went by WAY too fast...how about YOU?


Anyway...we are answering the questions above so let's get to it....

Linking up HERE

Here is what is UP with us!



What We're Eating This Week

 

Monday-Eating at the Messina's

Tuesday- Leftovers

Wednesday- Pulled Chicken Tacos with Guac and Chips



Thursday- Turkey and Veggie Skillet

Friday- Breakfast for Dinner

 

 

 What I'm Reminiscing About

 

So much lately...my girls and when they were younger...my childhood...summers...get so melancholy sometimes but truly holding onto these days with my girls...grateful for it all

One of my faves- Summer 2019- 10 and 5

 

 

 What I'm Loving


My new hair waver

It is called the Mermade Pro Hair Waver

You can find it HERE

 

 


 It helps to make my hair "last" for a few days longer!

 

 

 What We've Been Up To


Just looking back over the last month makes me tired...anyway...we enjoyed a few days in NYC over April Break- we did Central Park- The Empire State Building- The Starbucks Reserve- Bagels and Pizza and The Sugar Factory and the highlight was seeing Lea Michele as Fanny Brice in Funny Girl!

 


 

 Upon our return, Daddy and Pidge cheered on the Bruins- but they lost- Boo

 

 

Mama and Diana went to see Judy Blume's new movie based on our favorite childhood novel AND we highly recommend it!



 

 Diana and her play made it to the New England Drama Festival with their play, "A Reason To Live"- so proud!



and WHS ended up being the NH State Champs!  Diana won an award too, for excellence in acting!
 

 

 Eva and Miss Lea enjoyed their Communion and Confirmation Rehearsal!

 


 Mama loved going to Eva's Field Trip- we toured special places in our little town!


We all enjoyed and celebrated Eva as she received her First Holy Communion and Confirmation!

 

and it has been the "Spring of Eva"

She helped Miss Nancy at a craft fair- she makes and sells beautiful glass pieces

 


and she has been ripping up the softball field for both her Rec team AND her Tournament team- we are loving watching her!

 

Diana danced in the WHS Styles and SMILES Fashion Show- this show is put on every year to raise money for cancer funding

 


 

We said Goodbye to Cathy

Flashback to 2007


We celebrated Eva's 9th Birthday with her friends at the movies

 

Mama had a blast at Book Club at Martha's- We read "Hello Beautiful" by Ann Napolitano

 


 

There has been more softball...



and more Date Walks!



 and I have enjoyed ALL the blooms...especially the lilacs :)


 

Diana helped Eva get ready for her Lorax rehearsals and show- Mama was thankful!

 




Rob and I loved being at Sharon's Surprise 50th put on by her amazing parents- every last detail was beautiful and it made me grateful for all of our time together and special memories


We enjoyed a relaxing Mother's Day with Brunch then downtime at home


Diana sang in her spring concert

 

and also performed in the WHS Theater Co Cabaret Show- she sang "For Good" from Wicked with one of her senior friends AND played Emcee of the event


 

Mama enjoyed a Girls Weekend on Nantucket

 

Yes...more softball!




 

Wine Group, celebrating Cass and BA's Birthdays, was a blast!


Mama enjoyed a networking event with Laura

 

and we celebrated Memorial Day Weekend on the softball field...in the pool...decked out in red, white and blue...and with our friends from town...great way to kick off the summer!




 

What I'm Dreading


Nothing at the moment...keep thinking about last summer and praying and hoping to just feel better...it was a dark time...grateful for my health this year and appreciating every day


 

What I'm Working On


My Full Time Job- My Health- Managing My Household and 2023 Blackout!

 

 

What I'm Excited About

 

Seeing the girls perform next weekend in Cinderella



What I'm Watching/Reading



Well I would like to call this month the "Month of Finales"...some of my very favorite shows and series came to an end and I am still mourning them all...ugh



A Million Little Things


So very sad 






Workin' Moms

Beautiful way to wrap up this amazing series!


Firefly Lane

Ok not sure I ever cried that hard



and then I flew through "Love and Death" on HBO Maxx- it is another dramatic series on the Candy Montgomery case in McKinney TX- it is incredible- watch it!  Not as good as Candy was on Hulu but a close second for sure!



and then I loved the Judy Blume documentary on Amazon entitled "Forever" after one of her more controversial novels



and laughed my way through Wellmania on Netflix- really cute-can't wait for the next season



and my two books for May were both Book Club Reads!


First, for May it was "Hello Beautiful" by Ann Napolitano


A modern day Little Women if you will...William Waters grew up in a house silenced by tragedy, where his parents could hardly bear to look at him, much less love him—so when he meets the spirited and ambitious Julia Padavano in his freshman year of college, it’s as if the world has lit up around him. With Julia comes her family, as she and her three sisters are inseparable: Sylvie, the family’s dreamer, is happiest with her nose in a book; Cecelia is a free-spirited artist; and Emeline patiently takes care of them all. With the Padavanos, William experiences a newfound contentment; every moment in their house is filled with loving chaos.

But then darkness from William’s past surfaces, jeopardizing not only Julia’s carefully orchestrated plans for their future, but the sisters’ unshakeable devotion to one another. The result is a catastrophic family rift that changes their lives for generations. Will the loyalty that once rooted them be strong enough to draw them back together when it matters most?

An exquisite homage to Louisa May Alcott’s timeless classic,
Little Women, Hello Beautiful is a profoundly moving portrait of what is possible when we choose to love someone not in spite of who they are, but because of it.



and then my second read for our June Book Club was "The Bucket List" by Rachel Hanna


such a light and quick read and just what I needed! 

I NEVER wanted to be a daredevil. Even as the 49-year old adult that I am, I still don’t want to ride a roller coaster or jump out of a perfectly good airplane. And I don’t understand people who want to do those things - even my lifelong best friend.

And yet, here I am, holding a list of daredevil-ish things in my hand at my best friend’s will reading.

I am SO going to get her back for this in the afterlife.

So, my outgoing, adventurous best friend decided to leave me her estate but only if I completed her bucket list. HERS, not mine. And I have to do it before I turn 50 because she didn’t make it to 50.

I don’t know if it’s appropriate to want to kill someone who’s already dead, but I can’t help how I feel.

Still, I want to honor her wishes. And I kind of want that beach house she left me, too.

The next few months will either change my life, or I might join her in heaven if one goes terribly wrong. 



What I'm Listening To


Well this past weekend, it was all about my Memorial Day Weekend Playlist :)

 


 

 What I'm Wearing


For Nantucket, I dialed it up with some Lilly and some dresses of course





and when I am closer to home, I like wearing workout clothes and/or softball attire ( to support my little Pidge)

 



 

 and whenever she has time to do my hair, I love wearing Diana's "Hair Dos"



 

What I'm Doing This Weekend


Seeing my God Daughter Alexis dance on Friday night then seeing Eva perform in the Lorax at our town's Strawberry Festival on Saturday and then on Sunday, can't wait for the girls' show "Cinderella".  Eva is playing a Little Stepsister and Diana is dancing in about 10 numbers.  Looking forward to it all!

 

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

 

Less rushing around...time by the pool and quality time with my girls before they start their summer camps :)

 


 

 Favorite Recent Amazon Purchase

 

This raincoat HERE

Everyone loves it- I love the style, fit AND color.  It comes in so many different colors though!

 



That's a wrap!  What are YOU up to?


6 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Nantucket looks fun! I want to see that movie and Firefly Lane and A Million Little Things have been on my list forever! I must see them! Have a great week!

Maria Rineer said...

It looks like another great weekend is on the horizon! I know you can't wait to see your girls on stage. Looking forward to pics ;). Have a great one!

Morgan said...

Sounds like an amazing and busy month! Happy Wednesday & have a great week!

Ruth said...

Sounds like a wonderful month and I love seeing you guys in all your gorgeous summer outfits.

Natasha said...

Ah, I loved May too but the amount of things we had going on was INSANE!!! I love that Diana helped Eva with her Lorax hair -- I wish I could teach Sam to do Rachel's hair for dance!!! :) And way to go you for taking time for YOU in the midst of the busy. That's so important and something I don't do enough. I need to take some lessons from you. And yes, can I just spend one day with my little babies again?!!? I miss them.

Jennifer White said...

What a busy month, but you all sure made the most of it!! I know what you mean - I'm sometimes in my feelings about the kids growing up. I hope you all get lots of downtime and pool time in June!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...