-->

Monday, November 21, 2022

Hello Monday and Hello Thanksgiving and Nutcracker Week!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday! EEeehhh this is one of my favorite weeks all year!  Even though it won't be a traditional year for us not hosting Thanksgiving and all...it will be an amazing week of celebrating with our family, extended family and friends...I am most excited about being with my favorite people on earth for this very special time!  


Sarah and I are so glad you stopped by!  If you blogged today, grab our graphic above and link back up with us below.....



Here is what our CRAZY Nutcracker Tech Weekend looked like....



Friday Night


The girls had rehearsal and while they were there I met up with my Dance Mom Friend Christy and Bestie BA at Coach Stop for dinner and drinks.  We filled BA in on all of the Nutcracker drama and had many laughs! (I try to stay positive on the blog here but as the girls get older and get bigger parts, there is lots of pressure and lots of drama and sometimes it is too much to take...I may share these stories someday but for now we are focusing on "Following The Joy!")




Saturday


We were so busy getting the girls ready that we had to forgo our date walk..even Starbucks was just a mobile pick up because it is game time!


After dropping Diana off at her morning classes, I went home to do some organizing and got Pidge ready for rehearsal which meant hair and makeup.


Then I met Amber at the studio and we interviewed Mrs. Mullen for the documentary.


Then...the four of us were in the studio the rest of the day for tech rehearsals...it was so much fun


The Clara Dads rockin' Tech Crew















We ended our night by dinner at Coach Stop and then curling Clara's hair for one of the last times ;(




Sunday


It was time for Dress Rehearsal!  The four of us were at the studio ALL day for another day of tech rehearsals and this time the kids were in their costumes.


It was kind of a brutal day...not going to lie but being on tech crew and getting to see my girls in action is priceless.  I just may have had to hold my husband back yesterday a time or two...eek!  Anyway....things went well for the most part and we are beyond excited for these productions this year!










 

 





Last night it was time for homework and baths and we are ready for this very special week...only two days of work and school to get through!  I can't believe we are here :)



What were you up to friends?


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Natasha said...

While I know how much JOY The Nutcracker brings to all of you, thank you for being honest that it is not always easy. I pray that this week brings much more JOY than drama and that Eva and Diana have the best time and so much fun seeing all their hard work pay off.

Ruth said...

Looks like it's going to be an absolutely amazing performance. I can only imagine the hours and hours of practice and work that must have gone into such a wonderful production. Totally worth it though!! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving xxx

Maria Rineer said...

LOVED reading about the big tech weekend. You got this, mama!! I can imagine the drama- Abby competed in dance for many years where the girls who did solos at competitions would be ranked and it made for some tears and jealousy at every competition. But the girls loved each other too and competing together in the group dances helped to ease the pain of the solo results. I understand why you don't want to talk about the drama; like I said, I understand about it completely. So much hard work about to come to fruition!! Excited for all of you but mostly the dancers who have put their heart and soul into this. Enjoy it all (I KNOW that you are!!)! Have a wonderful Monday.

Holly said...

Thank you to the best blogging friends around! I appreciate your support and know you completely understand Maria! :)

Rightupmyaliway said...

Wow! What an amazing and exciting weekend! I know you guys are exhausted, but it will all be worth it and turn out beautiful! Have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rightupmyaliway said...

Wow! What a wonderful and exciting weekend! I know you guys are exhausted, but it will turn out beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful week and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sparkles and Lattes said...

What a great and busy weekend. I love the Nutcracker. Looks like the dress rehearsals went well.

Family and the Lake House said...

Wow! Looks like an amazing production! As for the drama, my Eliza is only in the 4th grade and it's beginning, too. Ugh. You've got this! Your positively shines through!

Joanne said...

Having danced through high school myself I do have some idea of all the drama but I think it's wonderful that you do admit that for transparency sake and I don't think there is anything wrong with focusing on the joy and the good times and omitting the rest of that! LOL I hope you all ENJOY this week and wishing your girls the best.

Jennifer White said...

I know they'll have the best performance. What a blessing for your girls to have both of you so involved. It's almost show time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...