-->

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Montly Musings: All About Thanksgiving Prep Edition

 



Hi Friends!  Patty and I are so glad you stopped by!  We are talking all things Thanksgiving Prep and hope you will join in on the fun and answer these questions...


 

Here goes nothing



1. Do You Host Thanksgiving Or Go Elsewhere?

I always host...I love to host BUT this year, we are going out so we won't have extra work and stress and can enjoy every minute of Nutcracker Weekend :)





2. What Dishes Do You Make or Contribute?

We do a Roasted Turkey and I Baste it.  My Baste is a Combo of: Butter, OJ and Honey- delish!  I also make a Mashed Potato Bread Stuffing, Green Beans with Shallots- Some Type of Corn- either Fried or a Casserole and a Squash and Squash Souffle.  We also open up a can of Sweet Peas for My Father In Law.  My Mom and Father In Law Make the Rest and Rob always Makes his Amazing Apple Pie


 

3. What Is Your Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe and Will You Share It?

Absolutely!  It is my Mashed Potato Bread Stuffing and you can Find the Recipe HERE


 

4. What Are Your Thanksgiving Traditions?

During a typical year it means "Friendsgiving" on Wednesday Night, The Turkey Trot as a Family on Thanksgiving Morning, Hosting Our Parents for Thanksgiving Dinner, Watching Christmas Vacation for the First Time Thanksgiving Night, Black Friday with my BFF Cass and then Nutcrackering all weekend long!





5. Stuffing Or Dressing?


Stuffing all the way...we live in New England :)




6. Pumpkin, Pecan or Apple Pie?

Not a big pie person but either Rob's Apple Pie or Pecan I guess- love pumpkin but just not a big pumpkin pie person...now if we were talking cheesecake it would be Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cheesecake- one of my faves!




7. Casual Dining Or Set The Table?

I always set the table for holidays- most of the year it is all about casual dining but we dial it up for the special times




8. Favorite Beverages To Serve With Thanksgiving Dinner?

Caramel Apple Martinis During Appetizers, Cider for the Kids and a Red Wine for Dinner and typically that is Merlot or Pinot Noir as they Pair Best with Turkey



One of my faves is Cambria Pinot Noir- they also make one of my favorite Chardonnays!

 

 9. Do You Shop Black Friday?

I never used to but my BFF Cass convinced me to start the tradition with her a few years back.  Now we do every year.  This year, it will be challenging due to Nutcracker Dress Rehearsal- having to help the girls get ready and having to be there for the documentary AND volunteer hours BUT we will still prevail- we are getting creative and Cass is coming over at 5am with her computer and we will online shop together and enjoy breakfast and mimosas here- I am actually really looking forward to it! :)




10. Holiday Movies or Football Games?


Well it was ALWAYS football games growing up and LIVE ones- typically high school football games where our town Andover played Rob's high school Central Catholic- nothing like high school football!  Where we live, in Southern NH, Thanksgiving Day Football is not a thing- one of the biggest shocks for me moving here and I truly miss the games.  So now we created our own traditions by doing the Turkey Trot in the morning and then on Thanksgiving Night we watch Christmas Vacation for the first time each year- wouldn't trade it for the world!




and we only have two more chats this year- can you believe it?!  Here is our schedule below :)
 

 


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

Natasha said...

I can't imagine how busy Thanksgiving combined with Nutcracker is! And I love your creative Black Friday shopping plan :)

Good Better Best Food said...

Stuffing...dressing...can you understand why this New Englander who now lives in a southern state is confused! That "stuffing" looks so Good. Everyone has such fun cocktails to share. Thank you my delightful friend for being in this journey with me. Grateful, Thankful, Blessed to be doing this w you.

Joanne said...

Your family traditions sound so fun! I do remember going to football games on Thanksgiving day when I was in high school and our high school team played home games but it was always so darn cold!

Andrea Nine said...

This Nutcracker weekend will make it all extra special. I love pumpkin but never been a pumpkin pie fan. Your potato stuffing looks yummy.

Jennifer White said...

The mashed potato recipe looks delish! I love all your tradition. Your black Friday shopping still sounds fun this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...