-->

Monday, April 18, 2022

Hello Monday and Hello Easter Weekend 2022!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating Easter or Passover or even just enjoying life!

 

If you blogged today, don't forget to grab our graphic above and link back up with us below.  Sarah

and I are so glad you stopped by!

 

Here is what our weekend looked like....

 

 

Good Friday

 

 

and what a good one it was.  I went to our church first thing in the morning to say some prayers...no mass this day of course.  Then I got some work done and then took the rest of the day off.

 

I met up with Janie for lunch and it was long overdue.  We had so much to catch up on personally and professionally.

 


 

When I got home, I took Remi outside and we waited for Diana to get off the bus :)  It was SO beautiful out!

 







Then it was time for us all to head to the Living Stations of The Cross- such a powerful experience and our favorite Easter ceremony every year.

 

 






 

Mimi joined us and sent us home with a dish of her beautiful Italian Easter Cookies!




After that, it was softball for Eva 

 


 

and acting class for Diana...a quick pizza dinner then we crashed hard...life has been busy and intense and early to bed is a must right now!

 

 

Saturday

 

We were up bright and early and got a good start on Easter cooking and prepping.

 

Instead of our usual Starbucks, we got the girls up and we all made resurrection rolls- another great tradition where we talk about the meaning of Easter 

 



 



Then I brought Diana to dance and our date walk became a family affair this weekend ;)





Back home...get the candles going and wait for Mimi and Papa Pete!




When they arrived, we could barely see them behind the Easter Baskets Mimi created for the girls....they are SO SPOILED!




Then we got to work- bunny breads and birds nest cookies were on tap!

 

 

and maybe a break for a game of fish ;)



 



When Diana got home, it was time to color eggs!






We crashed early and hard!



Sunday




Alleluia...he is risen!  Happy Easter!  The girls were up bright and early to get their baskets and enjoy their outdoor egg hunt!










Then we all got ready and headed to mass...we reserved the longest row as our parents were joining us as well as Zach, Zoe, Kayla and Marshall...



My friend Rich is a fellow Italian and cooks all of the classics and appreciates the old Catholic Italian traditions like I do....he told me at mass he was bringing over some pizza ghena (that is an Italian Ham Pie that is made at Easter time)...he wouldn't take no for an answer...so when he came over, my mom cut him a big piece of her amazing Ricotta Pie...it was so sweet and we will never forget it!





and my Mom's beautiful Ricotta Pie




Our brunch was our best yet- we all agreed!


Tenderloin Roast with Horseradish Sauce, Scalloped Potatoes, Garlic Creamed Spinach, Bagels and Cream Cheese from NY, Bacon Gouda Croissant Casserole, Noodle Kugel, Roasted Broccoli, Hard Boiled Eggs and Bunny Breads




it was one of the best yet!


Early evening...you know what I 'm going to say.....we CRASHED!

 

 


Same Remi...same.... ;)

 

This is a CRAZY week for many reasons....will be happy when it is over.....not sure how often I will blog but keep checking! 

 

 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

Your weekend looked amazing. All that family time, the incredible looking food (future blog post idea- traditional Italian foods for different traditions/ holidays), celebrating Easter. I never got around to making the birds nest cookies- thinking I can justify making them any time this spring ;). I hope your busy week goes well and will look forward to hearing from you whenever you get a chance to write.

My Glittery Heart said...

What a great Easter weekend. and that sweet Remi!

Sparkles and Lattes said...

I love all the family time that you had. And the food. I love those little nests. I haven't had them in years, but now I want to make them.

Joanne said...

That sounds like such a wonderful weekend filled with family and good food.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...