-->

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

What's Up Wednesday: April 2022

 





Hi Friends!  Join me as I share "What's Up With Us!"

Linking up HERE


Here goes nothing....


What We're Eating This Week


Monday - Grilled Chicken Salads

Tuesday - Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Brown Rice

Wednesday- Chicken Burgers, Corn On The Cob, Brussel Sprouts, Pickles

Thursday - Girls eating out in Dartmouth- Daddy Takeout (Heading to see Mama's College!)

 


 

Friday 4/28/22- Pizza and Salad

 

 

What I'm Reminiscing About

 

Shopping for a dress for Diana right now for her 8th grade semi formal and it's bringing back all sorts of memories of my mom shopping with me...ahh the difficulties of shopping with a teen- HA! 



 

What I'm Loving


This job market....it makes my job so much more fun when we are bombarded with jobs...yes...it is challenging to find great candidates but I love the challenge!



 

What We've Been Up To


Diana attended a master class and performance with ABT and had a blast!


The girls got fitted for their dresses for Kayla's wedding!


 

Date Walks have continued :)



We LOVED watching Diana do her thing and play Sally in the WMS Production of Charlie Brown


The Living Stations Of The Cross did not disappoint!


Eva is having a blast at softball especially practicing for her All Star Tournaments!


We enjoyed all of our annual Easter traditions like making resurrection rolls, bunny breads, birds nest cookies and coloring eggs especially with Mimi and Papa







Sometimes...our date walks have been turning into family walks ;)



Mama and Bethany crushed Staff Appreciation Week (insert bicep emoji here)


We enjoyed a food tasting for Kayla and Marshall's wedding!



and loved hearing Diana sing in her spring choral concert


and we celebrated Eva's 8th Birthday with our family this past weekend (her friend party will be next month when everyone is back in town!)



 

What I'm Dreading


Nothing at the moment!



What I'm Working On


My full time job, balancing family and work, my health, Blackout Cancer 2022 and summer plans!





What I'm Excited About


Seeing the girls dance in Beauty and the Beast and a weekend in Nantucket with my besties :)




What I'm Watching/Reading


I'm watching my usual faves including A Million Little Things, This Is Us and the nightly news- preferably WCVB (Channel 5 Boston)




and then my love of crime documentaries continues...just finished "The Dropout" based on Elizabeth Holmes and her company Theranos- just disgusted by how crazy this woman is and how she could've hurt so many people...pure greed and insanity



Amanda Seyfried did an amazing job portraying her!

 

Any other crime documentaries you can recommend?  Ha!  I need a new one please


and I got three books in for April...they were


Nantucket Weddings by Pamela Kelley

 

Book 5 in the Beach Plum Cove Series

This was a sweet one :)


and


Reminders Of Him by Colleen Hoover

She never disappoints!  This is our Book Club read for this month too :)



and finished the Beach Plum Cove Series with Book 6


Nantucket Threads


another fast and fun read!

 

What I'm Listening To


A little bit of everything...lately I have been too busy to think about music so Diana takes over with her playlist in the car...you can usually count on Taylor Swift...Olivia Rodrigo and Amy Winehouse ;)




What I'm Wearing


Ugh..sore subject...just waiting on real spring weather here when I can wear all of the Lilly...it has been some more bright colors but still layers...and still some black because it has been in the 40's and 50s- double UGH!




 

What I'm Doing This Weekend


Will be heading back from UMD with my girls and Lea and her kids- we are introducing the kids to our college and visiting some of our old local hangouts :)  Cannot wait....the rest of the weekend will be pretty low key...taking my Father In Law to start suit shopping for Kayla's wedding and then will get to watch Eva play in a softball tournament on Sunday...so relaxing and fun!



What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month


Nantucket, Memorial Day Weekend and hopefully time in our pool!



What Else Is New?


Patty and I are hosting Monthly Musings tomorrow!  We are talking all things travel and vacations....check out our questions below.  Hope you will join us!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great April!! I can’t wait to hear about your trip to an anruckest with your girlfriends!

Diane said...

This Grandma (party-time speech pathologist) from Waco wants to give you a huge shout out for handling all your roles so elegantly!You are an inspiration to all🤩!

Natasha said...

What a fun month! I hope you have an amazing weekend!!!

And yes, why can't we just be wearing spring clothes. I am NOT impressed with this weather. Ugh.

Can't wait for Monthly Musings tomorrow!!!

Tanya said...

Loved hearing about life lately and Easter! I absolutely loved the Dropout - so good. Have you watched Impeachment or Dopesick? They were both good!

Maria Rineer said...

You have so much good stuff going on! I have not heard of the Netflix series you mentioned- the Dropout? and am always on the hunt for a good series. Will check it out. For a fun, silly definitely not true crime series, watch Good Girls on Netflix. Good luck with the dress shopping and will look forward to hearing about your college town adventures with the next generation ;).

Holly said...

@Diane you are TOO KIND-thank you so much for your kind words-they made my day XO

Holly said...

Thank you for the recommendations Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...