-->

Monday, November 22, 2021

Hello Monday and Hello Nutcracker Tech Weekend!

 



Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  We made it through Nutcracker Tech Weekend and we lived to tell about it- ha!  There were times of stress and exhaustion, some tears but many laughs and I awoke with a grateful heart!  Here is what our weekend looked like...



Friday Night


While the girls were at dance, I prepared some snacks for later.  Got to watch the news for a little bit and someone was at my office door begging for my attention ;)

 


 

Then Rob and I impressed ourselves and got our Thanksgiving shopping done in an hour!  Yes an hour!  We do make a good team and we got it done! On the way to the grocery store, I noticed the full moon and snapped a quick pic to send to the Dance Moms...we were joking that there would be a full moon just in time for Tech Weekend...ha!

 


 Then Rob picked up the girls while I headed home to get organized.

 

After their classes, we had a Nutcracker hair party of sorts, Diana's friend and fellow cast mate Maddie and her mom came over and we showed them how to do the famous party curls.  The girls had a blast and the moms chatted- it was low key and fun- everyone getting excited for the weekend ahead! 

 

I made Shay's Bubbly Spinach Dip which is always a hit

You can find the recipe HERE

 

and put out a few more snacks




 

Girls in Shower Caps Rock ;)



 

 Saturday

 

Because it was all Nutcracker all weekend long, we had to skip our date walk...we were up early to get organized with makeup and hair and then got Diana to her regular Saturday morning ballet. After that, it was time to do Eva's hair and makeup and then I hit the studio to meet up with the Tech Crew to get my marching orders (I also took out Diana's curlers while we had a few minutes)

 

The rest of the day consisted of Tech Rehearsal #1- two times through Act I and then two times through Act II alternating the Claras...snuck a few pics during the day....

 

 Dance Dad!

















After the day of work, we headed down the street to Jay's House for a quick Japanase/Chinese Dinner





Then we CRASHED!



Sunday


Unfortunately we had to miss mass...you know I love my routine and our commitments but we had to get a slow start and make sure the hair was flawless again...it was the day of DRESS REHEARSAL #1

 

(She will kill me someday when she finds out that I posted these pics but couldn't help myself)




Then you know the drill, time to make things happen!  We all headed to the studio...had to snap a selfie this day...."A Family Who Nutcrackers Together Stays Together" :)



Miss Tina in her Zone

 

Only snapped a couple of pics at the very beginning- I was too busy to snap photos the rest of the day




Last night, we crashed hard!  It was a productive weekend...I am so impressed with how the show is turning out...these kids are such hard workers...cannot wait for show time!

 

Linking up for Hello Monday HERE

5 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

So much work but so worth it at the end!! The show will be incredible, I am sure. Great committment by the dancers, teachers and of course the fabulous parents :). Have a great Monday, friend!

Natasha said...

Our Nutcracker stuff is ramping up too, although we're not yet as involved as you all are. Supportive families make the studio run smoother and I know your studio is grateful for YOU.

Sunshine and Books said...

Your Nutcracker prep looks so busy but SO MUCH FUN!! I am excited for you to have a live show again! The girls look beautiful! Have fun!!

Joanne said...

That does look like an exhausting weekend! She may kill you for posting those photos but one day she'll be so glad to have them.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Whew that does sound like a busy weekend!! Good luck to the girls (and you!) on their Nutcracker performances!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...