-->

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Monthly Musings: August 2021 (Back To School Edition)

 


Hi Friends!  Patty and I hope you will join in on the fun today!  We are talking all things Back to School and Fall Planning!  Eeehhhh!  Summer is always my favorite BUT Back To School has been ranking higher and higher...I think I appreciate it even more after going through quarantine....I see how much my kids love being in school and being on a schedule and my mission is to always keep everything organized to minimize the stress levels here...so I love chatting about this time of year and getting tips from all of you!  If you blogged, please grab our graphic below and link back up to us!  Here we go...



1. Do you meal plan/prep?  Any favorite Back to School recipes to share?


Yes!  I actually plan and prep all year through..don't get me wrong..sometimes our plans have to go out the window a day here and there due to last minute commitments...extra long work days...you get it...but for the most part, we stick to the plan...but FALL is when I bring my A game...I become more strict and really work at building in variety and getting in more fruits and veggies so I know the fam is eating well.  I have already meal planned for the month of September and I am excited that I got that done!  I will be sharing that plan/menu soon!  In the meantime, here are a few faves from my fam...


Taco Bowls HERE


 

Sweet and Sour Meatballs (served over rice) HERE

 


 

Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti HERE

 


 

Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup HERE

 


 


2. How do you buy and organize school supplies?


Well in past years, I would take the girls with me and we would take their lists and hit Target...it was so stressful and frustrating when they wouldn't have 1-2 things and then I would head home and grab those things on line.  This year, since we are busier than ever, I kept things simple.  I got their supply lists and ordered everything on Amazon- such a stress relief friends- they always have everything and it is just so easy!  




3. Any Back to School Traditions?


Well we always have our obligatory "Front Step Photos" with a chalk board spelling out their grades and we have a special meal on the first night of school- this year we are doing a "Taco About Going Back to School" Party..the girls don't know...excited to see their reactions!  P.S just know it will be rushed and not the lovely picture you may think...Diana has dance so we need to squeeze it in before she heads to the studio for 4 hours!





4. Bring lunch?  Buy lunch?  Favorite lunch box items?


The girls typically bring lunch but Eva LOVES to buy hot lunch so we let her do that once/week...usually Fridays for Pizza Day :)

 

Their tastes change throughout the year...sometimes they request sandwiches and other times it is pasta or mac and cheese in a thermos and no matter what the "main course" is, they have some snacks in there too.  Some faves are fruit cups, string cheese, and cookies

 


 


5. Favorite Thing About Back to School Then and Now?


All of the excitement that goes with it...new teachers...new friends...new outfits...new supplies...the return to dance...hasn't changed for us yet...Diana is entering 8th grade and Eva is entering 2nd grade!




6. Pumpkin Spice - Love or Hate?

LOVE...especially the Trader Joe's products and I can't wait to have my first cup of pumpkin spice coffee....it is almost that time!




7. Do you decorate for fall?

YES!  Our fall decorating is two-pronged.  We start with pure fall- pumpkins, mums, fall candles, soaps, you get the point.  Then we add in some Halloween decor- scary characters, lights, ghosts, etc....it is really fun even though I don't like seeing summer go....it makes me excited about fall!







 

8. How Do You Transition Your Wardrobe to Fall?


I start bringing in the black again...and more earth tones...and add layers....vests are a big part of my fall wardrobe- either a light camo vest or puffer vests in various colors especially for chilly nights outside at a football game, festival, etc!  I also love mixing fabrics like leather and fur and toss in an animal print.








9. Favorite Fall Fashion Staples?


Leather jacket, puffer vest, fun scarf, a little leopard, and a dark nail color to name a few!

 


 

 10. When does school start where you live?


ALWAYS before Labor Day here but it was after Labor Day the last few years due to some construction...we are back to starting earlier again- next Wednesday!  When I was growing up, we ALWAYS started after Labor Day- still getting used to this change...sigh....


WOW!  That was fun!  Can't wait to read all about your Back To School and Prepping!  Grab our graphic and  link up below!

 


 




 



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Sarah said...

We used to go back before Labor Day but switched to after. I’m not sure which I like better. I’m impressed with your month long meal plan! I can’t wait to see it. Thanks for hosting!

Good Better Best Food said...

Oh I am going to look at some of your recipes. That Taco party sounds fun!

Thank you for being the Best blogging partner. You always bring the fun.

Patty

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I forgot to do this today - hopefully Monday will not be too late! lol.

My Glittery Heart said...

You meal plan for a month! That’s awesome. You need to share all the details!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Enjoy this last weekend of summer break! That witch looking into the window would scare me every time I walked past it...ha ha! I am not ready for Fall but I do love to decorate too.

Joanne said...

Our menu plan doesn't always work out either and I have September's mostly done too (though I left labor day weekend open since I have no clue who will be where and my last week of the month we have family coming up from Florida-- so again no clue what will be going on). I too bought school supplies on Amazon this year and it was so easy! I forgot about vests; I just started wearing them last fall and they were the perfect transition for when it was still wasn't quite cold enough for a coat but I wanted more than just a long sleeved shirt. This was such a fun link up! Thanks!!

Maria Rineer said...

Fun back to school traditions. I'm sure you guys will have a fun filled fall. Love your positive attitude about transitions and such :).

Natasha said...

Thanks for always hosting the most fun link up! That person looking in the window completely freaked me out. I jumped reading the post! Hahaha!!!

Memphis Bridges said...

Thank God for Amazon! Oh, I also love the darker nail colors and leopard prints. Hope it's a great school year!

Tanya said...

I'm so impressed with your meal planning! Please share! I've been struggling with staying motivated with cooking. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennifer White said...

Your decorations are so fun! I love the back to school photos :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...