-->

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Taco Bowls

So....as we have discussed before....my kids like so many of yours are picky!  I get discouraged when making meals that I get excited about...only to sit down as a family and hear moaning and see looks of disgust.

Are you with me?


As I have also mentioned, meal planning goes out the window over the summer, in these parts.  BUT...we go back to school in two weeks and I am starting to think and plan...I am going to try and do meal planning one month at a time...let's see if I can stick to it!  


Anyway....saw this meme and had to share it...made me crack up....



One of our favorite shows is "Out Daughtered."  The girls and I watched it all summer and can't wait for it to come back in the Fall..so excited that we don't have to wait for the return as long this time.  

Danielle, the mom, is always making meals that her 6 girls devour...I give her the Praise God hands and really want to emulate that.


One of the dishes she made the girls that they seemed to really enjoy was "Taco Bowls." Not even sure what recipe she followed but I got inspired...started researching and put together my own version.  Now when I say my version, I really mean my TWO versions- one for the kids and one for the adults.


I set out determined to make something my girls would enjoy and THEY DID...I was so excited!!


I, of course, wanted to share the recipe with you.  This one will definitely be in the "school year rotation" and in fact, we had it again this week too because it is so yummy!








Ingredients

1 lb of ground beef (for the adults I used 1 lb of ground chicken)
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar
Salt and Pepper to Taste
TJ's Chile Lime Seasoning (for the adults only)
Shredded Lettuce, Jalapenos and Tomatoes for toppings (for the adults only)
Tortilla Chips


Instructions

Spray your frying pan- I used Pam
Add onions and saute until translucent (approx 7 minutes)
Add meat and brown
Season to your desire
Add cheese and stir until melted
Put a good size helping in a bowl and add tortilla chips for dipping

For Rob and I, I added lettuce, tomatoes and jalapenos which gave the dish an extra kick AND crunch!  

Serving this with carrots and celery makes it a complete meal for the kiddos FTW!

Enjoy :)



  and hey....another option for your Taco Tuesday!

4 comments:

Rechelle said...

So fun that you stuck the tortilla chips around the bowl for the kiddos! Sounds yummy :)

Good Better Best Food said...

These look so Good!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

My Glittery Heart said...

YUM! Perfect for Taco Tuesday!!

Sunshine and Books said...

That looks delicious!! My boys and husband would definitely love that! One thing I do to healthy up tacos is to add black beans (drained and rinsed) to my taco meat when I add the seasoning. The kids don’t notice the beans because they have the taco seasoning and I love black beans. It’s a win win dinner! Have a super day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...