-->

Friday, February 12, 2021

Friday Favorites

 


Happy Fri Yay Friends!



and Happy Valentines Weekend!





Here are some faves from our week...

 



Blenders Eyewear

 

Thanks to my BFF Lea, I gave Blenders a try and I am LOVING them...check 'em out HERE 

 


  Bring on the sunshine!!  How many more days until Spring???

 

 


 Palmini

 

Have you tried it?  Pasta made from Hearts Of Palm?

 

We liked it in a detox soup I made this week...stay tuned as I try it in other dishes too...



 


 Sample "Snow Day"
 
So there is no such thing as a "snow day" here in our school district anymore...if we get enough snow, the district makes the day "a remote day."  Well we had another one this week...on Tuesday...and it was just mass chaos...Diana does a great job remotely up at her desk in her room but Eva is in the kitchen and I hear many of the lessons as I am working...insert a very nosy French Bulldog and a plumber trying to fix our broken kitchen sink and I was dreaming of spring days when the kids are in school and I can work in peace and enjoy some quiet...a girl can dream right? ;)
 

 (Apparently Eva thought it was ok to work her way through a can of Pringles and bring Remi to her math class....sigh)
 
 

 My College
 
 
One of my college friends posted this pic on FB this week...this is our library at UMASS Dartmouth...miss it so much sometimes...
 

 

 Fave TV
 
 
Thought I would share some joy that I have experienced recently...being hunkered down here due to the pandemic and winter....great time for binge- watching and such this past year or so....
 
Fatima
 
(You can find it on Netflix)
 
 This was a recommendation from Eva's Godmother Alice this week...and yes I devoured it...true story...cried...thoroughly enjoyed it....
 

In 1917, in the Portuguese town of Fátima, three small children were visited by an apparition of the Virgin Mary. She urged them to pray, to dedicate themselves to the rosary, and in so doing they could bring about an end to the war then ravaging Europe. The children, Lúcia dos Santos and her cousins Francisco and Jacinta Marto, told their parents in descriptions vivid and specific: the vision was "brighter than the sun," a dazzling figure shedding "rays of light". As word got around, pilgrims flocked to Fátima. (Fátima is still a regular pilgrimage destination.) The two younger children died in the flu epidemic of 1918, but Lucia lived to the age of 97, dying in 2005. She became a nun and published multiple memoirs, the main one being Memórias da Irmã Lúcia. Marco Pontecorvo’s "Fátima" tells the story of these children and the upheaval in their lives—and their family's lives—due to the children's refusal to retract their story, even when put under enormous pressure from civil and religious authorities. "Fatima" is told simply but emotionally, prioritizing the sensorial reality of the children's world and the people inhabiting it. This devotion to the "real" makes the holy vision palpable and plausible.
 
 
Firefly Lane
 
another one on Netflix
 
I referenced this on Monday- based on Kristan Hannah's novel- awesome series about best friends- hated the ending- anyone else?  I PRAY it gets renewed for another season!  We need closure
 
 
 
 
The Crown- Season 4
 
Yes Netflix again 
 

 Rob and I are up to Season 4- The Diana years- very eye-opening- still not loving that we had to get used to new characters playing the Queen and Duke and Princess Margaret, etc but that will all change again when they introduce Season 5 eventually


 

That's a wrap!  Short and sweet- hope you have a wonderful and romantic Valentine's Weekend full of LOVE!
 
Linking up for Friday Faves HERE

10 comments:

Abby @ That’s Life For Ya said...

I have a pair of Blenders sunglasses that I got for my birthday, and love!! Your pair are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What great favorites!! I love those sunglasses!!

Andrea Nine said...

Your glasses are so cute! I want to see Firefly Lane. Not sure why because I love Diana, but I couldn’t get into the Crown season 4, lol. Oh that beautiful library. Have a sweet weekend of love.

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

That pasta sounds interesting. I may have to give it a try. That library is amazing!! So pretty. And that kinda sucks about no more snow days. I mean COVID has taken so much... why take that one joy!! Our district hasn't had any snow days yet (but next week we may get some storms) so we will see what they plan.

Maria Rineer said...

The picture of your daughter, the dog, and the can of Pringles during a remote learning day- that is priceless! You will look back on it and laugh one day. We just used our last snow day and now will have to have remote days if we have bad weather.

Good Better Best Food said...

Those sunglasses are so cute on you! Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend!

Patty
GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

My son is loving that he won't have any snow days to make up! He was saying that his teacher predicted that after this the schools will never go back to snow days again and that one day they'll have to explain to their kids what snow days even were.... not that Alec ever had any anyway being homeschooled! We always worked through the snowy days and took of Sunny days in spring when it was just too nice to be inside!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

I REALLY to watch the Crown. I want to see the Princess Diana season. Might just skip to that. Have a great weekend Holly!

Rechelle said...

I have heard more & more about this palm of hearts pasta, might need to try it! Eva sounds like she is doing school from home right ;) with pringles & Remi, yes please lol!

My Glittery Heart said...

Love Love Firefly lane!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...