-->

Monday, February 8, 2021

Hello Monday and Hello One More Week of Winter and Snow

 


Hi Friends and Happy Monday!  I feel like this weekend flew by faster than others....here is what we were up to....

 

Friday Night

Sorry for the blurry pic above...I met my besties Shannon and Bethany for dinner and then we headed to the Annual School Deliberative Session...this night is when the school board (including Shannon and my hubby) discuss the warrant articles that will be on the ballot in March for us to vote on.  It is typically one of my favorite nights all year but this year was SO uneventful....

 

That is really a good thing all in all...no extremists coming out to fight the budget or the teacher's contract and we were done in record time...45 minutes!  That is unheard of...such an education and so enjoyable regardless!

 

Saturday

 

That morning, Rob and I bundled up and went for our date walk- I realized it has been six months since we started this new tradition and it remains my favorite part of the week!



Then it was time to get Diana to ballet and pick up some groceries...once I got home, I got cooking and baking.


Our neighbor Kate has had some serious health issues recently and she has been in and out of Boston Children's Hospital...well her mom texted me on Friday night and told me Kate was requesting my Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti.  You can find my recipe HERE. My heart almost exploded...I got that whipped up and Rob brought it over on Saturday...her mom, Mary Beth, texted me a pic shortly after telling me that the girls just wanted to eat it for breakfast- hysterical!



Then I got baking...I am not really a baker but the Fourniers were having us over for dinner Saturday night and I was assigned dessert so I made my Valentine Boss Cookies.  You can find the recipe HERE 

 


 

I also tried a new recipe and already know how I want to tweak it.  They were Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  Even though everyone loved them, they came out too thin for my liking.  I would double the ingredients and use a shorter pan so the bars come out thicker next time.  I need to be reminded to tweak this recipe and then share it with you!


While I was busy in the kitchen, Rob took Eva to an All Girls Hockey Clinic and she had a blast!





That night we had a blast at the Fourniers...





 


Side Note: I binge watched Firefly Lane this weekend....anyone else?  I made sure Cass started watching it on Sunday....beautiful story about best friends based on the novel by Kristan Hannah...a  must see!  This is our version of Firefly Lane...

The kids made a movie while we were there...they are always entertaining us...


 

Awesome way to crash at the end of the night...



Sunday


We had a really lazy day which we all needed....Zach was over so I did dial it up for dinner and made chicken parm....

 

and I did sew Diana's new pointe shoes...

 

We had a little Valentine visit from our pals Kate and Finn...the kids exchanged valentines and treats...so precious!



and the guys enjoyed the Super Bowl and I just watched Smash again ;)



One week closer to Spring!!   Linking up with Tanya and the Crew HERE 

for Hello Monday!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Seemed like a really fun weekend! All your recipes look delicious! I'll have to try some of them out.

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I need to watch Firefly Lane. I loved the book!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I always hate when a recipe doesn't quite work out. I'm glad they were still tasty though. :)

Tanya said...

It sounds like a fun weekend. I love your tradition of weekly walks. Have a good week!

Rechelle said...

Oh I love that you made the ziti dish & they ate it for breakfast! I have Firefly Lane on my reading list so that I can watch too!!

My Glittery Heart said...

I love that y’all have date walks!
I have one episode of firefly lane left!! So good.

Joanne said...

I've started Firefly Lane but am only on episode 3; I am really enjoying it though. How sweet that your recipe was requested and enjoyed so much. I know it must feel great to help out.

natalie blair said...

Hey Holly!! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I believe it was yesterday. anyways, I never received the notification so I added disqus to avoid that. I commented back. My shop is now live!

Also - those cookies. Has my stomach growling HAHA!! Have a good night!

Maria Rineer said...

You will have to post the caramel cookie bars- they sound so good and every recipe of yours is a winner so... the internet needs these :).The pointe shoes- such a pretty photograph.

Natasha said...

Yes, one more week closer to Spring. I really need that today. And I can't wait to try the Caramel Cookie Bars. I'm making your Applesauce Jumbles again this weekend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...