-->

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Favorite Wintertime Scents

 




I have always created memories from smells...for as long as I can remember.  I thought I would share some of my recent favorite scents of this winter.

 

Perfume has always been one of my favorite things in the world and I learned to create memories by the scents I would wear during different times in my life. 



This winter, a few of my favorite scents include


Chloe


 It is described as follows: The scent takes the classic rose and ingeniously translates it into a vibrant perfume, intimate and sensual. Chloé Eau de Parfum begins with a combination of floral powdery notes: hints of peony, lychee, and springtime freesia. The airy, flirtatious head notes drift away to reveal the richer and more sensual side of the rose. The distinctive character of this unique rose is accompanied by magnolia and lily of the valley, as well as subtle intimations of warm amber and elegant cedarwood.



Juliet Has a Gun (Not A Perfume)


 
It is described as follows: This minimalist, fresh, and clean fragrance is hypoallergenic and ideal for those who don’t normally wear perfume. It is composed of a single note, called cetalox, which is usually used in perfumery as a base note. Here it plays the lead role for a fragrance that will easily satisfy the most difficult tastes, and particularly those preferring discretion over complexity.



Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior



It is described as follows: CHARACTER
Ambre Nuit is a warm fragrance. The instant power of the fragrance, born from the fierce notes of Amber, is softened by sensual, velvety accents. A character that is both direct and secretive.

DISTINCTIVE FEATURE
Ambre Nuit is an ambery floral fragrance vivified by soft spicy notes.

COLOUR
Ambre Nuit is multi-faceted with the honeyed, golden gleam of Amber and intense rosy touches of Turkish Rose.

FAMILY
Warm-Floral. The fragrance Ambre Nuit is the encounter between two extremes: the feirceness of Amber notes with the delicateness and sophistication of Turkish Rose.

INTENSITY
The intensity of the fragrance is composed around a contrast between the flower and the animalistic note. Neither too delicate nor too wild, the fragrance is both powerful and enveloping.



and then some scents around the house we have been enjoying this winter include....



Yankee Candle "Evening Air" (we burn this in either our kitchen or my office)



It is described as follows: "The crisp breeze of a fall night warmed with notes of clove, geranium, basil, cedarwood and musk."



Into The Night Wallflower Plug In from Bath and Body Works  (we use this in our guest bathroom)


It is described as follows: a timeless, feminine, alluring night on the town.

Fragrance notes: raspberry noir, velvet rose petals and mocha musk

 

 

 

and finally Pura!  

 


 

Have you heard of Pura?  It is a Smart Home Fragrance System

 

 The Pura 4™ smart fragrance diffuser uses innovative smart features paired with premium, clean scents to give you the most modern, customized, and high-end scenting experience possible. 

 

 Puralast creates the best scenting experience you’ll find anywhere. With this technology, your diffuser learns from your feedback to efficiently fill your space with your desired scent intensity for up to 120 hours per smart fragrance vial.

 Adjust fragrance intensity, easily switch between fragrances, set schedules and timers, and more—all from the Pura app


Our System has two fragrance options so the two we started with are Tobacco Patchouli and Capri Blue (Like the Volcano Candle!) We love it!  We have it plugged in, in the kitchen and it freshens up most of the first floor!  You can adjust the strength of the fragrance and timing of it all from the app on your phone!  There is even a little night light built in :)



There ya have it!  I will do another similar post come spring :)

4 comments:

Pamela said...

"I have always created memories from smells" - this is so true. There are smells that remind me of my childhood (burnt toast in my aunt's house), fragrances that remind me of a certain period of my life, so many other smells that are a huge party of remembering things and times that make me smile.

Maria Rineer said...

I am interested in the Pura- unfortunately, my husband and I are both scent impaired so we wouldn´t get our money´s worth. But I guess our guests and others would? I will look into it. Some of those perfume bottles are so pretty!

Joanne said...

I find I rarely switch up my smells from season to season; other than at Christmas time. I have only worn one fragrance since high school and we like food smells for around the house- vanilla, cinnamon, sugar cookie, pumpkin/pecan pie, etc. But I definitely find that certain smells can evoke memories.

Good Better Best Food said...

Oh I love this post. I used to wear Chloe in college. I may have to revisit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...