-->

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Monthly Musings: Easy Fall Recipes/Dinners Edition

 



Hi Friends!  Patty and I are so glad you stopped by!  We are talking easy Fall Recipes/Dinners and hope you will share some great ones!  Answer the questions above and link back up with us below- c'mon it'll be fun!



1. Easiest Dinner You Make?  Will You Share The Recipe?

I think I would have to say this easy skillet recipe- the win of it though is that it gets gobbled up every time- I start by sauteing an onion until tranlucent.  Then I add in 1 lb. of ground chicken and season with salt and pepper.  Once cooked, I add a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes and then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  I let that simmer for about 15-20 minutes. At the same time, I steam a bag of broccoli in the microwave and then toss the cooked broccoli into the skillet.  Sometimes, I will steam up some rice cups and toss the rice in too.  Once the skillet is ready, I top it with some shredded parmesan cheese.  SO easy and SO delish!  (I usually tweak it each time too- sometimes I will add peppers and sometimes a different kind of cheese- it is a flexible dish too)

 


 

2. Crockpot?  Instapot?  Both?

I love using our crockpot and Rob loves occasionally using our Instapot so I guess I have to say BOTH 

 

 

I love Jimmy Fallon's Crockpot Chili Recipe.  You can find it HERE

 

and another fave are the Crockpot Dr Pepper Ribs- Yum!  Find the Recipe HERE


 

3. Are you a member of a wholesale club?  Which one? Any fave items?

No we are not! 

 

4. Do you meal prep or menu plan?  Do you follow any set themes?

 

Yes...yes and yes...

 

I meal plan most of the year.  I have also been doing better about prepping meals on the weekends.  That saves even more time during our crazy weeks.  When I am hyper-focusing and bringing my A game, I will follow this theme:

Meatless Mondays

Taco Tuesdays

Pasta Worthy Wednesdays

Anything Thursdays and

Pizza for Friday Night Pizza Nights

 

5. Best Dinner Tips for Busy Nights?

Throw it all in the crockpot!

 

6. Do you use certain ingredients more in the fall?

Yes!  Pumpkin (duh), Butternut Squash  and Apples and you will find me making more soups too!

 

 One of our faves is my Autumn Chicken and Squash Risotto.  You can find it HERE


 

7. Any back to school dinner tradition?

I just try to make it special and something the kids love.  Last year, we followed Heather's lead and did the "Let's Taco About Going Back to School" dinner- we had different tacos, homemade guac and chips and all of the Mexican decor...it was fun.  This year, we are having an Italian feast in our little "Italian Cafe" ...Italian is my girls fave :)

 Last year's feast is HERE 


 

8. Do you own an air fryer?

Yes and it is our FAVORITE- we love the way chicken comes out in there as well as brussel sprouts, potatoes, fries...really everything.  It is so easy and very healthy!

 Our new fave recipe is from Skinny Taste and it is called Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken- you make it in the air fryer- so goood and healthy!  Find it HERE


 

9. Favorite Grab and Go Items?  Homemade or store bought?

Built Bars- Peanut Butter Flax Seed Bars at my favorite Coffee Shop in town "Village Bean" and I love the pre-made salads at Whole Foods- for the kids, it would be easy snack bags with bottled waters in the car on the way to dance/sports

 

10. How many nights a week do you cook?

It is usually 4-5.  Definitely Monday through Thursday and then one weekend day  most of the time as well.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm definitely going to try your easy skillet. It sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a back to school party with friends!
Sarah M. At Toronto SAM

Maria Rineer said...

I will check out the Skinny Taste chicken recipe. I have made several of her recipes before and they've turned out well. I also want to try your chicken and squash risotto this fall. Seems like the perfect fall meal. Great questions for this month, by the way- interesting to think about and interesting to read others' answers.

Good Better Best Food said...

Going to have to try the popcorn chicken and skillet recipe. Thanks for being the Best blogging partner EVER!

Patty

Tracy said...

We LOVED the popcorn chicken as well! Thanks for some new ideas!

Jaclyn Coffee, Pancakes & Dreams said...

Great dinner ideas! I am not ready for summer to go but I am excited for some of the fall foods!

Joanne said...

I am so bummed I missed this one but can not wait to go look through everyone's posts! What a perfect theme-- I was just filling in my September menu and looking for some quick/ easy ideas.

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

I like following a theme too. It helps me narrow down my ideas, though lately, I haven't been very motivated to follow anything except going out to eat on Fridays. Hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...